PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Also just a timely reminder that there is a fraudulent tobacco web site selling in the U. S. it's well documented on here in another thread if you wish to dig. I made enquiries and was saved the heartache of being duped by my good friend @Servant King thank you buddy 🙏
You're very welcome. Although I typically default to obnoxious/sarcastic/bad pun mode on here, occasionally, just occasionally, I am known to be somewhat helpful. I try to do my best to negate this immediately, however, and am always striving for improvement in that area... 😁

For example:

Watching the Dodgers-Marlins game
My condolences.

Silverwing

Might Stick Around
Apr 14, 2024
Bowling Green, KY
Trying out a VaPer I blended and pressed. I used a blend of stoved and raw VAs that were mostly fairly light, also, some heavily stoved VA, almost like a VA cavendish. I added perique, and I cased it all with a small amount honey, peychaud’s and moonshine.

The loose tobacco is the stoved VA blend, for color comparison. There were only dark flecks from the perique and dark stoved VA prior to pressing. Now the color is nearly uniform dark brown.

It reeks of ketchup and sweet grass.

Every time I press stoved VA, I get that ketchup smell everyone talks about. Maybe something to try with your favorite mature VA blend if you’ve been missing McClelland’s.
IMG_0739.jpeg

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
Happy Wednesday all! Just finished enjoying some Cult Blood Red Moon in my Peterson terracotta bent Rhodesian 999 P-lip. A nice 'dessert' to a black pepper turkey sandwich and pasta salad lunch. Waiting for a Guinness to settle as I write this. The Pete has continued to stain my fingers, but not as badly now. I am going to give it a few more smokes before deciding its fate.

IMG_4157.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed two big egg, ham and cheese sandwiches along with a Jehthro Bodine size bowl of Raisin Bran with extra raisins, plus a big and tasty golden delicious apple and unsalted peanuts lunch. Gold Star Hawaiian Kona Extra Fancy, neat, is my drink. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Watching both the scampers rollin' and fighting around the den, and the Dodgers-Marlins game with the shy orange tabby sleeping by my side. The extra attention I've given him has opened up his personality and dependence on me. I still hope to find a good home for him, and the other scampers, but unfortunately, few people seem interested. :(
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

Pappy Coon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2024
Panhandle of Nebraska
Trying out a VaPer I blended and pressed. I used a blend of stoved and raw VAs that were mostly fairly light, also, some heavily stoved VA, almost like a VA cavendish. I added perique, and I cased it all with a small amount honey, peychaud’s and moonshine.

The loose tobacco is the stoved VA blend, for color comparison. There were only dark flecks from the perique and dark stoved VA prior to pressing. Now the color is nearly uniform dark brown.

It reeks of ketchup and sweet grass.

Every time I press stoved VA, I get that ketchup smell everyone talks about. Maybe something to try with your favorite mature VA blend if you’ve been missing McClelland’s.
That sounds delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.