PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've about a quarter of a bowl left of a freshly opened pouch of year 2018 Mac Baren Original Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1918 Pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 2 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. First time smoking this new-to-me pipe that I had really wanted, and am lucky to own.
Peterson_PR_Dublin2_apple.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mixture No. 79, that famous sometimes scorned OTC blend, in a slightly bent MM cob fit with a four inch (long) orange swirled Forever stem. Took in my tax paperwork today, did a postal stop, and an ice cream stop for some of my wife's favorite vanilla, then found to my dismay, when i stopped by my local branch bank, that they couldn't cash a check. I have to go to a branch further away tomorrow before their early closing. I guess I'll have to learn to live with the "money from the wall" ATM. The 20th Century is over. Supposedly this is a temporary glitch, but I take it as an omen.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Thankfully a bit of sunshine today. Even though the cellar is under a couple of inches of water, we can't complain - we have a warm, dry bed and hot water for showers unlike thousands who have been flooded out and lost all their possessions.

A 1st bowl of a 2:1 blend of Sam Gawith Golden Glow and Izmir (?C&D) left to "mature" for >9 months.

In a stubby billiard of somewhat unknown origin. AM over B in a circle on the shank. With Extra in cursive script to the left. There is a tiny hallmark which is too tiny to make out and no date mark. I presume it's of French origin. Army mount with an orific bit.image.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking 2021 Watch City Simply Orange in a 1978 BBB straight smooth brown Silver Mounted 522 pot with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. It’ll be released in early May as it’s being given some age time. This is the first small batch test version, which will be the same as the final release. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
BBB_Silver Mounted522_pot.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Mixture No. 79, that famous sometimes scorned OTC blend, in a slightly bent MM cob fit with a four inch (long) orange swirled Forever stem. Took in my tax paperwork today, did a postal stop, and an ice cream stop for some of my wife's favorite vanilla, then found to my dismay, when i stopped by my local branch bank, that they couldn't cash a check. I have to go to a branch further away tomorrow before their early closing. I guess I'll have to learn to live with the "money from the wall" ATM. The 20th Century is over. Supposedly this is a temporary glitch, but I take it as an omen.
When I first smoked a pipe in the 1970-1980s, I smoked indoors, almost exclusively. My wife didn't complain, unlike today. I wonder if my smoking mainly OTC blends like Mixture No 79, Amphora and Borkum Riff then had anything to do with her acceptance. These days OTCs are a very small part of my tobacco rotation.

@mso489 - I too am part of the anti-ATM brigade. I tell the ever-dwindling number of tellers at my local bank branch that I am trying to preserve their jobs by my insistence on personal interaction.

Some years ago when one of my sons was backpacking in Europe, I wanted to send him some money as a Xmas present. I was flabbergasted when I was told at his bank that they did not accept cash at that bank. Yes, all the bank personnel were in their 20s-30s - part of the cashless generation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.