PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
Good afternoon @UncleRasta. I really enjoy the #558 flake. It’s a wonderful Va/Per with stoved virginias that gives it a deep, rich, tangy sweetness that I love. It comes in more of a crumble cake than a flake. If you wait until April 1st, you can order #558, Old Dominion, and Rouxgaroux. That is a threesome of some of the tastiest Va/Pers around, in my humble opinion.

P.S. - Liverpool’s victory over Chelsea in the League Cup was one of the best matches I’ve witnessed in a long while. Congratulations!
I’m also glad to see that you shook the bug that had you down. Sounds like you’re back in the saddle.

Here’s a photo of the flakes.

View attachment 133693View attachment 133694
Thanks, @Tar Wheel. I ordered a 2oz sample of #558 and can't wait to try it. Old Dominion also caught my eye and I will pick up some of that soon. Curious about Rouxgaroux as well but can't seem to find any reviews of it. I seem to be becoming more comfortable in the Va/VaPer space after leaning more Burley/English in my first two years or so of pipe smoking. Enjoyed the heck out of two bowls of Elizabethan Mixture this evening.

As regards my beloved Reds, I could not be happier with them under the stewardship of Jurgen Klopp. Recent seasons have made it worth the couple of decades we supporters stood by as they did what, well, what Man Utd are doing now.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to the half way mark on this bowl of Hearth & Home AJ’s Vaper in a pre-1952 Sutliff Falcon 372 (made by Comoy’s) smooth light brown straight bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Working and listening to Dick Tracy in B-Flat, which was one of the greatest radio broadcasts of the 1940s. Crosby, Hope, Garland, Sinatra, Durante, Dinah Shore, and more star in it.
Sutliff_Falcon372_Bulldog.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks, @Tar Wheel. I ordered a 2oz sample of #558 and can't wait to try it. Old Dominion also caught my eye and I will pick up some of that soon. Curious about Rouxgaroux as well but can't seem to find any reviews of it. I seem to be becoming more comfortable in the Va/VaPer space after leaning more Burley/English in my first two years or so of pipe smoking. Enjoyed the heck out of two bowls of Elizabethan Mixture this evening.

As regards my beloved Reds, I could not be happier with them under the stewardship of Jurgen Klopp. Recent seasons have made it worth the couple of decades we supporters stood by as they did what, well, what Man Utd are doing now.
Rouxgaroux reviews are here: Tobacco Reviews | Watch City Cigar - Rouxgaroux - https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/12091/watch-city-cigar-rouxgaroux#review107529

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Dear forum friends, I am breaking my (I'd like to believe temporary) hiatus, just to say this: already by the first period I have entered the pipe community, locally -here, in Greece-, I was very much impressed from the famous camaraderie of pipe smokers. I believe it's a wonderfull thing that, in a way, makes you retain (or regain) your faith in humanity. I find now that the same applies at international level. Yesterday I received a gift package. It contained 2 pouches of a tobacco that I have heard and read so much about, but I have never tasted till now. The sender was "Sanctus Joannes", aka JOHN72 from Spain. I will smoke the tobacco to John's health.
JOHN72, thank you so much my friend for your generous present!

On topic: I am smoking a tobacco in a pipe.

Be all well good people.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished work, and this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Thunderstorms are banging hard against the sky and ground.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Good morning guys. Let's give a second baptism of tobacco to the new Calabash Stanwell. This time it will be Ascanian 2. The beautiful words of our brother Christos touched my heart. I only did what I had to do, to offer what I have, and to see you happy. You are a good man. I am proud to belong to this great forum of brother smokers. Thank you my friend. Today you made me happy. God bless you all guys. 88224.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Dear forum friends, I am breaking my (I'd like to believe temporary) hiatus, just to say this: already by the first period I have entered the pipe community, locally -here, in Greece-, I was very much impressed from the famous camaraderie of pipe smokers. I believe it's a wonderfull thing that, in a way, makes you retain (or regain) your faith in humanity. I find now that the same applies at international level. Yesterday I received a gift package. It contained 2 pouches of a tobacco that I have heard and read so much about, but I have never tasted till now. The sender was "Sanctus Joannes", aka JOHN72 from Spain. I will smoke the tobacco to John's health.
JOHN72, thank you so much my friend for your generous present!

On topic: I am smoking a tobacco in a pipe.

Be all well good people.
My dear friend Christos. Let us know your thoughts on that tobacco. I am very happy for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.