PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
This post caught my attention. I bought some American cut plug mixture a few weeks ago and have been enjoying it very much. Very interesting that you and WCC are working on tweaking the recipe a little bit.
I think you misunderstood me. We aren't tweaking the blend. We went through seven versions until we got what is on the market now. What I have is small batches of all the earlier versions, and I'm going to occasionally smoke them since I have them here. Some were pretty good, but not quite what we wanted Ernie to sell. Ernie was picky, but I was much pickier about it than he was. We wanted an all day upscale OTC-like BurVa, and I think being as detailed as we were finally made it work to our satisfaction.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
First bowl of February is my 2nd to last bowl of Esoterica And So To Bed (sample) in a Savinelli Bacco 321 rusticated bent author, in my workspace, enjoying the calm before the storm. The soil here is utterly saturated, and we're right at the snowline at about 5,500 feet, so...needless to say, I'm hoping this one is snow.

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Dark-eyed junco, Steller's jay, California towhee, California quail, White-crowned sparrow, Chipping sparrow, Spotted towhee, White-breasted nuthatch, American crow, and Oak titmouse.

bacco & pouch.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
I think you misunderstood me. We aren't tweaking the blend. We went through seven versions until we got what is on the market now. What I have is small batches of all the earlier versions, and I'm going to occasionally smoke them since I have them here. Some were pretty good, but not quite what we wanted Ernie to sell. Ernie was picky, but I was much pickier about it than he was. We wanted an all day upscale OTC-like BurVa, and I think being as detailed as we were finally made it work to our satisfaction.
@JimInks ,
Thanks for the reply. All your hard work paid off IMHO. I find myself bypassing other BurVa “blends” I have to smoke ACPM.
As I posted previously, this baccy is on par and in many cases rivals most “OTC’s” available and will earn a place over time as a hallmark, anytime, all day smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.