PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I enjoyed smoking the cob very much, but, vain person that I am, will smoke it only in the confines of the home 😂
I don't have an overwhelming amount of wisdom to share, but I do know this: The man makes the pipe, not the other way around.

I have many "outfits" from western to Inner urban Zoot. I am comfortable wearing them where ever I choose because "I" make them look good - not the other way around. I learned this lesson A long time ago. I never get stares. But I do get a lot of admiration and comments from others that they wish they could wear something similar.

I was in San Diego with my wife. I was wearing an electric blue six piece suit with a blue velvet derby and Stacey Adams electric blue lizard skin shoes. An African American meter cop walks up to us and she says to me, "Honey, mmm, mmm, you make that look goooood!"

It's attitude. It's confidence, and it's knowing you are comfortable in your own skin. It's contagious. Now smoke that cob outside.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of year 2016 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have Samuel Gawith Firedance Flake in a Eugène-Léon Ropp Cherrywood with a White Natural Horn Stem with an orific bit. This pipe is stamped “BUSSANG,” so, it’s very likely it was made at Ropp’s original workshop in Bussang between 1870–1893. It also bears a “B.S.G.D.G” stamp (breveté sans garantie du gouvernement—patented without government guarantee—Ropp’s patent on Cherrywood pipes was awarded in 1869). This pipe is particularly interesting because it has a horn ferrule (with a black metal band to secure it in place) that plugs into the bowl like a military mount. Most Ropp cherry stems I’ve come across are threaded, and screw into the bowl.

IMG_20230226_130100.jpg

IMG_20230226_130121.jpg

IMG_20230226_130316.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.