PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I always loved Heinlein's books. Makes me want to re-read some of them again. At the moment I'm trying to start reading the Sherlock Holmes books (since they are free and easily obtainable for my iPod Touch).

ilitch

Lurker
Aug 10, 2010
I´m reading "Endurance" of Caroline Alexander. It´s about the Shackleton´s legendary antarctic expedition. With photographs of Frank Hurley in 1914 and 1915. Explorers, icebergs, dogs ans pipes.

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
I just finished " For Whom the Bell Tolls" and am now going to give Becks "Overton Window" a shot.

spacecowboy57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2010
I'm between "The Bacchae" by Euripides which I am enjoying, and "Advanced Engineering Mathematics" by E. Kreyzig which sucks.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
"Dune Messiah" by Frank Herbert
...after that, "Anyone You Want Me to Be" by John Douglas and Stephen Singular.
...and then, "The Monster in the Box" by Ruth Rendell.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
I was just reading and contemplating on the Theory of Relativity.It really is quite interesting.Tomorrow I will be reading "Curious George flies a kite" to my niece.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Whoops sorry for double post I didn't notice I had posted before. I recently have only had time to read for class but I also enjoy reading the free books on Amazon Kindle Iphone edition such as Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea, some Sherlock Holmes, The Time Machine, and recently A Little Death In Dixie.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Still pushing slowly through Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. It's a great book, I just spend too much time on this site to read more...
-Jason

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I loved that book Abraham Lincoln... although I have to admit; I heard it on NPR back around 1982 when they had the "reader" program. I listened to the entire book, while at work. Seemed, if I remember right, took well over a month.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Wallbright wrote:

I recently have only had time to read for class but I also enjoy reading the free books on Amazon Kindle Iphone edition...
I was going to suggest Project Gutenberg, but started looking around to see if there was an app before posting.
Project Gutenberg
Here's some disappointing news:
Boing Boing Article
WTF?
However, there's a free app called Stanza that can be used with Calibre for conversions:
Stanza
Calibre
I don't have an e-book reader yet but use Calibre for conversions to read things on the desktop. It's all you'd ever need.
You may already know these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.