PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Does it taste cheesy?

No, not at all. Other Half Brewing describes it as follows:

“An Imperial IPA brewed with a hand-selected blend of hops giving notes of lychee, green tropical fruits, and mild citrus.

HOPS
Citra, Ekuanot, Kohatum, Wai-Iti”

I would say it has some piney notes, but more like a West Coast IPA might possess—I guess it could be described as a New England style IPA with West Coast notes?

Susan and I have had several thousand craft beers between us in the last six years and this brewery is pretty much our favourite overall. Ever since they collaborated with J. Wakefield in Florida, their stouts are off the hook. They’ve mastered the New England IPA, and their sours are delicious the last few years. I highly recommend them. Their distribution has grown now that they have several brewing locations.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
No, not at all. Other Half Brewing describes it as follows:

“An Imperial IPA brewed with a hand-selected blend of hops giving notes of lychee, green tropical fruits, and mild citrus.

HOPS
Citra, Ekuanot, Kohatum, Wai-Iti”

I would say it has some piney notes, but more like a West Coast IPA might possess—I guess it could be described as a New England style IPA with West Coast notes?

Susan and I have had several thousand craft beers between us in the last six years and this brewery is pretty much our favourite overall. Ever since they collaborated with J. Wakefield in Florida, their stouts are off the hook. They’ve mastered the New England IPA, and their sours are delicious the last few years. I highly recommend them. Their distribution has grown now that they have several brewing locations.
I like pine, I will look into it. Thanks!

Reactions: BCF and JOHN72

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Cheddar is a classic of theirs, one of their older recipes, but it’s not my favourite. If you can find Triple Mylar Bags, Space Hallucinations, or Double Dry Hopped Space Diamonds, try those. Any of their Pastry Stouts are a treat.
Thank you for the recommendations, I'll definitely make a note of it and give what I can a try 👍

Reactions: BCF and JOHN72

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
I'll look into them, also. I don't know if you've ever been to a SPEC'S, but I drew the pipe on the paper bag in the rabbit"s mouth. I always thought it would look more cool with a pipe 🤣 Yeah, I'm ready to start carving pipes, lol. I just heard on the radio lol is cringe, it's now IJBOL (I Just Burst Out Laughing) whatever...

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Hey, John, you make those cigars look good. I've been meaning to try the Toscanos. I'm wishing you a speedy recovery from that wooden stake through your heart. Thoughts and prayers 🙏 View attachment 245808
Dear friend Zero. Well, my heart is holding up well with whiskey, so far, I still don't wash it down with water, ahahahahahahahahahah. Also now here in Spain it is impossible to access Cuban tobacco, I think some mini cigars. I made a modest tobacco cellar, but it is becoming more and more unbearable because of the abusive tobacco prices. So keep as much as you can. How is the sale of cigars in your city, is there a variety of cigars from South America? A big hug from Spain.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Dear friend Zero. Well, my heart is holding up well with whiskey, so far, I still don't wash it down with water, ahahahahahahahahahah. Also now here in Spain it is impossible to access Cuban tobacco, I think some mini cigars. I made a modest tobacco cellar, but it is becoming more and more unbearable because of the abusive tobacco prices. So keep as much as you can. How is the sale of cigars in your city, is there a variety of cigars from South America? A big hug from Spain.
I fell asleep outside in my chair..🤤Screenshot_20230910-042314~2.png

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Black Bush and Dr. Pepper Sugar Free Cherry. Got up, pulled me a doppio into a glass of milk. Grabbed a smoke and went outside. The yard people were killing my fig trees. Asked "what are you doing?" Told me they are killing weeds. Told them to have their boss call me. Drove out to pick up some Jamaican food. On the way back, this moron cut through two lanes, stop in the middle of passing lane and try to make left turn. About 5 cars including mine avoided the crash. My lunch ended on the floor. At 9 PM, drove out to pick up my son. Had this image of a car running red light and ramming into my car. So stopped early on next traffic light. Two freaking cars ran red light long after it turned red. Yeah, I need a drink or few.