PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Got a hankering for vodka which I hadn't drank in about a decade.So, picked up a Polish vodka for the first time, Sobieski. Online review claimed it to be the best quality/taste vodka among less expensive brands, (premium quality for much less money) and the top selling vodka in Poland. Distilled from rye. Don't know how popular it is in Poland but it's a wonderfully smooth, tasty vodka. Would buy again.

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
The other day I was helping some friends with the cocktail menu for their annual Halloween party - they don't do mixed drinks usually.

This conversation was held over a glass of one such suggestion, the Hanky Panky.
Yes, it isn't a very Halloween-y name, given it's something the older members of this forum had chaperones to prevent.

But before it meant THAT, "hanky panky" was slang for "magic" which is definitely Halloween-y.
Basically a 2:1 of gin and red vermouth, plus a teaspoon or two of Fernet Branca.

Fernet tastes more or less the way Vick's smells, and if that doesn't sound magical and spooky, to you...

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I do my best to consume a fair amount of H2O daily and avoid sugared drinks of all kinds.

But I enjoy a different class of beverages in the evening.

When it's warm I enjoy my own take on a margarita. When it's cooler, Scotch is preferred.
Right now I tend to keep on hand Aberfeldy & Laphroig, with others now and again for variety.

As for other unique drinks, I make some healthy / holistic /medicinal teas. I grow Tulsi(holy basil) in my garden and harvest and process it annually so I've lots on hand. It has a long history of healthy benefits.

I also harvested milk thistle flower pods this year that I make a tea out of regularly. It happens to be good for the liver...

Sort of balance things out.