PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Having a Dickel Bourbon 8 Year, 45%.

View attachment 250289
I haven't had Dickel bourbon in awhile. But I do have an old George Dickel Sour Mash Whisky bottle shaped like a powder horn. I guess they made this shape back in the 60s (looks cool to me) and you can see it used as prop on Star Trek TOS for their Saurian Brandy, The Enemy Within. KIMG2723.JPGKIMG2724.JPG
Space, the Wino Frontier: Drinking on Star Trek | Modern Drunkard Magazine

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Having been content for years with my PG Tips and Yorkshire teas (with the occasional Earl Grey & Lady Grey) I ordered two teas from my past just to see how they tasted after many years absence.

Well my first was Twining's Assam tea. I'd forgotten how slightly dry it tasted albeit with a gentle maltiness to it. Very nice, 4/5.

assam.jpg
Regards,

Jay.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
My youngest son left a few bottles of Irish Ale named Smithwick’s in my fridge and tonight I popped one and drank it.

Oh my these are good. They remind me of Falstaff and Schlitz from many, many years ago, before light beer was sold in the Ozarks.

No wonder the old timers used to say St Patrick’s Day was just another excuse for the Irish to drink more beer.:)

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Today my tea is another Twining's effort, this time 'English Strong Breakfast' tea. If I'm honest, I can barely tell the difference twixt this one and the Assam of yesterday.

No surprise then that I read the main component is Assam tea....blended with an un-named Kenyan variety. 4/5 again.

assam 2.jpg
Regards,

Jay.

H

HRPufnstuf

I haven't had Dickel bourbon in awhile. But I do have an old George Dickel Sour Mash Whisky bottle shaped like a powder horn. I guess they made this shape back in the 60s (looks cool to me) and you can see it used as prop on Star Trek TOS for their Saurian Brandy, The Enemy Within. View attachment 250333View attachment 250334
Space, the Wino Frontier: Drinking on Star Trek | Modern Drunkard Magazine
"I don't know...but it's green."

David D. Davidson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2023
Canada
Krupnik honey liqueur in a hot apple cider. I discovered krupnik this summer and eagerly awaited a cool evening to try it in a hot cider, and I’m happy to report my expectations were surpassed! I haven’t the faintest idea what else this sweet and heavily spiced booze might go with, but this is a very fine and fall appropriate start.