PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

David D. Davidson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2023
Canada
I’ve just tried (and subsequently fallen in love with) lapsang souchong, a black tea dried over a pinewood fire.

I would imagine it to be a polarizing drink, tasking like a pine campfire smells, but I’m firmly in the love side of the spectrum.

Finding something totally new and unexpected and loving it is one of my favorite simple pleasures in life - a week ago I didn’t even know tea could be smoked, and here I am now with a new top 5 tea!

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Tasting Heaven Hill - Rittenhouse Rye 100 Proof. Lack of age, it seems, makes that oaky flavor not shine through. In any case, a decent rye for my taste, but not a favorite.View attachment 258802
I like your Buddha statue, John. And I remember enjoying that rye when I tried it, but only bought it because it was on sale. Currently having a dram of Wild Turkey 🦃 Rare Breed Barrel Proof....KIMG2793.JPG

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I’ve just tried (and subsequently fallen in love with) lapsang souchong, a black tea dried over a pinewood fire.

I would imagine it to be a polarizing drink, tasking like a pine campfire smells, but I’m firmly in the love side of the spectrum.

Finding something totally new and unexpected and loving it is one of my favorite simple pleasures in life - a week ago I didn’t even know tea could be smoked, and here I am now with a new top 5 tea!
Now all you need is a bowl loaded up with a latakia/oriental blend puffy