PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I thought it would be funny to post a drunk looking tea photo.

Tonight, curiosity got the better of me and have to try Buffalo Trace Kosher!

Mazel tov!

View attachment 225602
I had to look this one up and found...

"...this whiskey has been aged in specifically designated Kosher barrels".

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a 'designated Kosher Barrel'?

I'm struggling to think how a white American oak barrel cannot be Kosher so what makes it thus? (Genuine question).

Regards,

Jay.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I had to look this one up and found...

"...this whiskey has been aged in specifically designated Kosher barrels".

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a 'designated Kosher Barrel'?

I'm struggling to think how a white American oak barrel cannot be Kosher so what makes it thus? (Genuine question).

Regards,

Jay.

“Buffalo Trace Distillery produced this Wheat Recipe Bourbon in a partnership with the Chicago Rabbinical Council (cRc). Made with the same grains as Weller Bourbon, this Kosher spirit was aged in specifically designated Kosher barrels. In order to satisfy Passover requirements, these barrels were sold to a non-Jewish executive in a ceremony witnessed by a representative from the cRc. After aging for seven years, this Wheat Recipe Bourbon was bottled … ensuring the bottling lines were cleaned beforehand and that no contact was made with non-Kosher spirits.”

If I'm understanding it correctly, basically, they've been blessed.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
“Buffalo Trace Distillery produced this Wheat Recipe Bourbon in a partnership with the Chicago Rabbinical Council (cRc). Made with the same grains as Weller Bourbon, this Kosher spirit was aged in specifically designated Kosher barrels. In order to satisfy Passover requirements, these barrels were sold to a non-Jewish executive in a ceremony witnessed by a representative from the cRc. After aging for seven years, this Wheat Recipe Bourbon was bottled … ensuring the bottling lines were cleaned beforehand and that no contact was made with non-Kosher spirits.”

If I'm understanding it correctly, basically, they've been blessed.
One year working through my summer break in highschool at a tomato processing plant that made a lot of the Kraft and V-8 products available in grocery stores today....the company would follow guidelines (foggy memory) to make certain products kosher. I won't tell you the horror stories of working in such a place... enjoy your tomato based products 🤮 My question is "Does it taste kosher?"

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
Having just spat out a little piece of War Horse I was chewing on (ain't smoking in all those smoke particles outside, no sir), I mixed up what is probably my very favorite cocktail. Behold, the Jack Rose:
PXL_20230607_231504739.jpg
Its an old drink, going back a century or so, and forgotten to the world at large.
1:2:4 ratio of grenadine:lime juice:calvados. And it's a very manly shade of pink.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Having some lukewarm coffee this morning. This past Tuesday I had a tooth extraction that will have me on the sidelines of drinking alcohol and smoking until it heals completely. Doing my saltwater rinses and taking all the precautions to avoid the dreaded drysocket. So, cheers ☕ Enjoying the pics and humor on this forum....I threw in some cheese and snacks to spruce up the photo.KIMG2369.JPG

Last edited: