PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Terry Lennox

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2021
Southern California
I agree with Sablebrush. The baccy inside tins this old can be past their prime. Not saying it won't be enjoyable and a great sharing experience. Just that what you get from it may be an echo of what it once was.

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Didn't know where you were going with the Donna thing Mike. I thought it might have been an old slutty girlfriend of yours. The Beat Goes On, wow, blast from the past! Either way hilarious exchange, especially if you add the the equation that Donna from the song was actually a Don sometime before or after Woodsroad dated her/him. Not that there is anything wrong with that..... :ROFLMAO: :eek:

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
It’ll come as no surprise from me, but I’m in the camp of preserve the tin as is, sealed. With this many years on it, the likelihood of it being a heavenly smoke are likely slim; once this is cut open, it’ll just be another used tin. Even if the tobacco is awesome, with this much age, it’ll very likely degrade rapidly after opening (according to many accounts of people opening vintage tins) and you won’t be able to smoke it all before this occurs (which is probably why someone recommended a pipe club share).

If you leave it sealed, it has the potential to be the best tobacco ever in your mind forever. I suspect reality is almost sure to disappoint.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Jesus Christ. You’ve got a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Are you seriously going to sit there and stare at the tin? Have friends over and say “ooh”?
Open the fucking thing, once you have a plan to be around pipe smokers, and smoke it.
It’s not like you’re using the Mona Lisa for a scribble pad, it’s tobacco. Use it, or sell it to someone who will.