bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
Good tequila , look for reposado on the bottle , to rest , age
Also should be 100 percent agave , accept no substitutes and try hornitos

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
It's genetics. People react on a totally individual basis.
Yup . I’ve been saying this for awhile and people are difficult to convince , I can metabolize alcohol easily while others can’t.
More to the point, scientists have recently found the gene responsible for why some get along better with booze than others . Did you ever wonder why there is so much confusion in meta studies concerning health benefits and alcohol consumption , it’s because the studies are using mixed groups without realizing it . On a random basis one study says moderate drinking is a good thing , next study says different .

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I actually had to Google "tipple". Is that an old term or a new term or a regional term? I've never heard of it in 33yrs on this round ball of land and sea.
I prefer to just drink straight whiskey. Green Spot is my favorite, it's an Irish Whiskey that's aged in wine barrels. REALLY good flavor.

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
I've tried green spot and yellow spot too , one of them tastes like green apples , don't recall which
You might like teelings and red breast ..

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Yeah, tipple is old, at least 80-90 years. It's usually used in a colloquial sense, e.g.,"He was known to tipple a bit," or "a bit of a tippler." You'd occasionally see it in works if people like sports writers, William Saroyan, authors like that from the 30s-50s.
@timt , yeah, I did way more than my share. Waaay more. }:) If I hadn't quiti have no doubt I'd be divorced, imprisoned, & quite probably 6' under now. :)
B

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Usually, Jack Daniel's with three ice cubes; or, The Macallan 12; also, a Bombay Sapphire Martini, up and Arctic.

With a pipe, a dark coffee, Lapsang tea, or ice water.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
ashdigger, like my rye 3 fingers no ice just sipped. Nectar of the Gods I tell ya... :worship:

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
Canadian club chairman select 100 percent rye
.. don’t be put off because it’s inexpensive , it’s a real sleeper and highly underrated

techie

Jul 20, 2018
Green Spot is my favorite, it's an Irish Whiskey that's aged in wine barrels. REALLY good flavor.
Green Spot is one of my favorite Irish whiskeys too. I prefer it over Yellow Spot. Redbreast 12 is also outstanding. But if I could only buy one, it would probably be Jameson Gold Reserve. Very tasty and complex.

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
I got a buddy who swears by bushmills , the Protestant whisky

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
yeah, I did way more than my share. Waaay more. }:) If I hadn't quiti have no doubt I'd be divorced, imprisoned, & quite probably 6' under now
Bill I would have never pegged you for a self restraint sort, but good on you for knowing when enough was enough.
Oh and Chasingembers I honestly thought that was water at first!

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
I am a whisky guy. It is part of my Scottish heritage. Any Scottish male who doesn't drink and know a bit about whisky is seen as a tad....suspect. It is a national pre-occupation.

I had the privilege last week of dining with an attractive young woman who had never had spirits, apart from....(shudder)..vodka and coke.

We went to a very nice restaurant and she tried Talisker and a 20 year old pure sugarcane rum which I cannot remember the name of. She preferred the rum and drank a decent snifter properly. Neat. Slowly, from a cognac glass, cupped in her hands to warm the liquid.

At the end of the night she commented that she felt drunk "but in a nice way".

It was my pleasure to introduce her to fine drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.