PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Everything, even water. For a nightcap I prefer a single malt or a good cognac. Occasionally it's rum or calvados. Or metaxa or bourbon. Or port. Or sherry. I have to stop. Still morning here...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I like rum, scotch, port and beer, but nothing holds a candle to this.
20180908_062011.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
jp - Do you grind beans and make the real stuff? I've got a Nespresso machine which is ok, I guess. I do love a good mocha once in a while.
Yes, and I used to roast my own until I moved to an area that has good local roasters. My machine is made in Italy by Quickmill, model, Andreja Premium. Now at an amortized cost of $400 per annum, one of the best buys I have ever made.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Just checked out the Quickmill online. That is one serious machine. Would love to have something like that but I'd have to do some major rearranging to find a place for it. My birthday is next month - new pipe, espresso machine...

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
But if I get my hands on Moosehead.....oh damn....love that stuff.
Made just down the road in Saint John, about an hour away. What Moosehead have you tried, Beer or Pale Ale?

Pale Ale is my go to one here, used to be their Beer but the green bottle seemed to increase the chance of getting a "skunky" one.
moosehead-pale-ale-beer-new-brunswick-canada-10314232.jpg

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
I will drink most spirits except Rum and Tequila. I like mine over ice or straight. Always in the cabinet are Glenlivet, Red Breast, Nomad, Bombay Sapphire. But I may have to make room for a new bourbon, Peg Leg Porker 8yr. Dark beers and/or dry wines when we go out to eat.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Davet, Moosehead beer. Partially because it tastes good, but it also has fierce sentimental value. When I was 16 I ordered a beer with my lunch at a restaurant in Las Vegas and the waitress said it was a "new import".

tavol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2018
I worked in an Italian restaurant as a student and fell in love with espresso and Fernet Branca. During the summer I do like a good IPA.
I obviously have a thing about bitter drinks which is odd as I have a sweet tooth.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I will drink most spirits except Rum and Tequila

That's what I always thought until I tried good rum. It's as sweet as the sugar it was made from. I've been told that there are equally good tequilas, but I haven't been able to try any. Jose Cuervo with the hat is what I have tried and it is the Devil's piss.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Okay, some kind words for water, though I admit in advance I filter mine for that small advantage. Lots of stuff coming out of the tap, even if you drill your own well, I fear. Nonetheless, for answering thirst, water is numero uno. On the alcohol side, I admit I'm not a big drinker, and even less as the decades roll on. I probably drink beer and wine the most, and for "spirits," bourbon goes down best. Really fine single malt Scotch can be a lovely thing, but ordinary Scotch stings my plumbing. Social drinking doesn't work for me, making me quiet, sleepy or both, so the party-animal idea just doesn't work. My really great experiences with booze are so rare that they stand out in memory and I recall them to those I was with. These number about five, so it goes. My parents were big gin martini drinkers; for me martinis smell great before a long sleep. Now and then, a drink will make me more relaxed, seldom actually happier. It's genetics. People react on a totally individual basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.