Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Jacono Pipes
18 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
12 Fresh Kai Nielsen Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
48 Fresh Brulor Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome to all the new members.

There seems to be a good crop of relative new pipe smokers lately.

It looks like the future of pipe smoking is assured.
Can't wait to see all the pictures and posts.

pipeden

Lurker
Jun 4, 2010
I am glad to be a member here and talk with other pipe smokers. I smoke pipes for 30 years now (started at 12 with my uncle's pipe) and it's my true passion.
Denis

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Hi, I'm Marty and I live in Cornelius, NC. My screen name came from my former Chocalate Lab named Hobie.

hobie.jpg

I haven't touched a pipe since 1976 but have the urge to take it up again. I've been a rather outspoken opponent of cigarette smoking for quite awhile as I can't stand to smell it ( usually gives me an instant headache ). Must be the arsenic(rat poison), hydrogen cyanide ( used to kill several million Jews in WW II), formaldehyde, Benzene, Acetone, etc.
I have alot of hobbies and am a Photo Whore too. I like to race karts:

Smokn20with20text.jpg

I'm working on my son's kart at Road Atlanta.

P1010808.jpg

We also like to test drive exotic cars:

id_override_866.jpg

id_override_868.jpg

Pretty serious into audio and video. My son has his own company that sells subwoofers of his design. This is one of his former 15" subs

P1010212.jpg

I like to build speakers too. This is the last set that was 8 feet tall

P1000815-1.jpg

But now I'm making the move to high efficiency speakers. I found this 1941 RCA Shearer bass cabinet that had been in my home town theater since 1941 and was recently unhooked and sat off to the side. It is 106db/1 watt and filled up the whole theater driven by a 60 watt tube amp.

P1030114.jpg

I just built some mid/tweeter cabinets that are also 106db eff to match the bass bin.

P1030158.jpg

P1030171.jpg

I also just found a 1943 RCA "Ubangi" theatre speaker as well from a theater in Stauton, Va.

P1030229.jpg

I also build subwoofers made from concrete Sonotube forms. This one is a 24" diameter tuned to 14hz that I'm building for a friend who has (4) of our 15'woofers in sealed tubes. These big boys are a ported design

P1030272.jpg

P1030274.jpg

woofer fires down to the floor.

P1030273.jpg

Also have a serious addiction to motorcycles. Have had 14 so far. just bought a new 2003 leftover Cannondale MX bike..fuel injected, electric start 48HP.

cannondale3.jpg

Last 3 bikes were Honda 750 VFR's

93vfrpic7.jpg

I like going on vacation to the British Virgin Islands..my favorite place on Earth.

P1000435.jpg

we went last year to this villa where my daughter got married.

P1020807.jpg

Diving is unreal...visibility of 100ft +

P1020243.jpg

OK, that's it for now, anyway, I'm now collecting info on pipes again and just emailed my brother to see if they kept any of my grandfathers collection of pipes. I'll likely be smoking all Butterscotch flavors as that is my favorite flavor in life. I found out about Trout Stream, Altadis-Creamy Butterscotch, and Nordings Hunter Blend-Retriever, which are all supposed to be what I'm searching for. Any extra input is what I'm here to find from you guys and gals.
Marty

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Welcome guys. I have learned more about pipes, tobacco, and pipe smokers in 1 year on this site, than I did the 5 previous years I smoked before. If that made any damn sense. Thanks for the pics Marty. They're great.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Great pics Marty. There is just something cool about 8' tall cabinets ha ha ha. Good to see you here Lane.
Cheers.
P.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Don't worry Lane, I am not much of a picture guy myself. My computer doesn't seem to want to do that. Welcome to the site.

pipedude

Lurker
Jun 6, 2010
Europe
Just joined this group, looks quite lively! I am 25 years old, been smoking a pipe for about 7 years now also smoke occasional cigars. look forward to future discussion.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Welcome Denis!
Welcome Marty! You should get a blog here and do some blog posting. It seems it would be right up your alley with all the cool activities you are involved in and the great pictures you have.
Welcome also Lane and PipeDude!

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Welcome all new members, we are open to people from all corners, and all walks of life. Don't hesitate to jump in.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome to all the new members over the last few days.

We look forward to your posts and pictures.

And, particularly any questions you might have.

You'll be pleasantly surprised by the helpfulness of, the opinions of, and the quick responses from the Fraternity.
Don't be shy.

And again welcome to you all. (note I didn't say y'all even though I'm in Alabama.)

Y'all is singular, All Y'all is plural... :)

josephpaul

Lurker
Jun 11, 2010
Hello, my name is Joseph Paul and I just moved to Denver from St. Pete, Florida. I've been a pipe smoker since January 2004. I joined the Denver League of Pipe Smokers and went to my first meeting last Thursday - a great group and I got to try a lot of different tobaccos - first time trying Latakia. I usually smoke aromatics, and my favorite is Boswell's Christmas Cookie. I love billiard style pipes, but my favorite pipe (right now) is the Peterson 150 Bulldog Green Spigot Fishtail. I own two pipes - the first is a smallish no-name Italian rusticated billiard - I'll probably use that for trying out new blends. I also just got a smooth light-colored billiard on ebay with the markings "S&G Anniversary". I haven't been able to find out anything about this pipe maker except that it might be from Salmon & Gluckstein, London tobacconists. Hopefully it will smoke as nice as it looks. If anyone knows more about S&G Pipes, drop me a line. My other interests are Cooking, Corvairs and Tiki culture. I'm glad to be a member and look forward to learning more from people who share my passion for pipe smoking!

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Welcome Joseph!
You might want to pick up a couple of Missouri Meerschaum Cob pipes. They only cost around $5.00 and it will add a few more inexpensive pipes to your rotation and they are great for trying out new blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.