Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Hello all. Never bad to have more people to discuss pipes and tobacco with. Look forward to getting to know everyone. Cheers.
P.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Ohin3,
The more the merrier. We're glad to have you.

Just dive right in.

We all look forward to your posts and pics.

If you have any questions about the site or postings; don't hesitate to ask.
Welcome to the Fraternity.

davepotts

Lurker
Jun 2, 2010
mexico,mo
I just joined this morning and look forward to being in the group. I noticed that I have already picked up three new friends but I am at a lost to figure out how they knew that I had just joined. At any rate, thanks for the welcome.
I've been collecting and smokking pipes for over forty years now and just picked up pipes 105 through 110 at the Chicago show. My first visit to the Chicago show and I must say it was most impressive.
I'm been a member of Smokers Forum for several years and imagine many of you folks here are also members there.
Dave

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Dave,
I think quite a few of us "touch base" several times a day.

I know I would love to see your collection.

So, post those pics, and dive right in.

If you need some help.... just ask.

Send us a Private Message or start a string.

There are a several hints at the top of the Forum.
We're glad to have you.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
We could tell you how we know, but then we'd have to kill you.
Welcome aboard!
Simon

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Well DANG!! I miss a day checking here and we have a whole bunch of new folks!! Welcome to everyone!

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
I have been out of touch for a while. I do wish all of the new members, many happy bowls of our heavenly weed.

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
Hello. My name is Tyler, I'm in Fredericksburg, VA. I've been smoking a pipe since I graduated high school (1997), when a friend of mine was trying to buy me some cherry cigars to celebrate, and accidentally bought me some cherry pipe tobacco. My Grandfather smokes a pipe, and I loved the way his house smells, so I figured I'd go with it, and bought myself a Dr. Grabow pipe, and have enjoyed it ever since. Admittedly, I'm still a n00b after 13 years, I only smoke a few ounces a year (usually on camping trips or Jeep trail rides). My pipes are all cheap ($15 or less), but I keep them clean and rotate them often (often enough, anyway). I bought my first tin of tobacco just the other day (as opposed to an ounce of loose tobacco), and was looking up reviews on it (CAO's Eileen's Dream), and that's how I stumbled upon this site. As a n00b, I don't spend too much money on pipes/paraphernalia yet, I feel like it might be wasted on me until I learn a bit more. I have the same philosophy about cigars and wine, now that I think about it. But maybe if I'm more involved in a smoking community, I'll learn more and I'll get out there and try some new things.
Anyway, thanks for the welcome (I have 4 or 5 "friends" already!), and I look forward to learning a lot more about pipes and pipe smoking.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Welcome Tyler!
Glad that you found our community and be sure to ask any questions that you might have. We have a great bunch of guys and gals here that are always ready to help out!

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Welcome Tyler. Virginia is where it all started. For the rest of the world anyway.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Hello boys,
I've had an account for a while but never really reached out into the community. I'm married to a dude named Shaun who is on this site but I still can't find his supposed account. ;) He restores pipes and I tout them here.
I'm 28 years old and last year we finalized the adoption of our 3 gorgeous children! Since then I've been on and offline visiting doctors who have finally come to a conclusion that I have lupus and fibromyalgia. Now that THAT is out of the way, I can continue on with my obsessions - books, art, pipes, and decorating. Every now and again, I pass wisdom on to the little people. :D
I'm glad to see the site doing so well and hopefully I'll have my profile set to my liking soon.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Shaun is a lucky dude, and we are glad to have you aboard. I am sorry for your illness. Feel free to pass some wisdom : )

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Welcome Tyler! Dr. Grabows and drug store tobacco is just as welcome here as Dunhills and 50 year-old 965 tobacco.
Thanks for signing up and posting your introduction. There's no such thing as a dumb question here either.
Lastly, if you are enjoying yourself, then you are doing it right.
------------------------
Hello again Cyndi! I remember when you signed up originally, and glad you made it back to participate more.
Congrats on adopting three children! That's awesome. I was adopted myself.
I hope your illnesses don't cause you too much trouble.
Here is Shaun's profile.
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/bootlegbonvivant/
You should "friend" him. ;-)

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Thanks for helping me find him here! LOL We met when he moved in 5 houses down the street from me and both my siblings became friends with him before they finally convinced me to talk to him. It seems I'm a little oblivious to my surroundings. ;) I think he's a lucky guy that I spoke to him, too. He didn't realize it though - I had to run off his current girlfriend and convince him that he really did want to be with me forever. 11 years later... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.