PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
As a matter of interest Decimalisation came to Uk in Febuary 1971 and the price 34 1/2p is post decimal,so not quite as old as you think.

However a very good experiment anyway
https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofBritain/Decimalisation-in-Britain/

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I really like the SToP version. I recall reading here that hey did quite a bit of testing the vintage versions during development.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
As a matter of interest Decimalisation came to Uk in Febuary 1971 and the price 34 1/2p is post decimal,so not quite as old as you think.

However a very good experiment anyway
[thumbs up]

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I really like the SToP version. I recall reading here that hey did quite a bit of testing the vintage versions during development.
Same. I don't smoke it that often, but there's really nothing else like it. I sometimes mix it with a little bit of brown rope -- kicks up the nicotine and the nasty/earthy tobacco flavor. (I'm weird, I know.)

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Gents, having just rehydrated a similar War Horse plug I can tell you that this stuff is killer. I made the mistake of loading a full bowl and payed the price. A Group 1 or 2 will suffice in giving you a kick-ass smoke. Any larger and it will be at your peril. Good luck and make sure you have a full stomach.

Having been involved with the development of the "new" War Horse you will find the older bar to be more Lakeland in taste and aroma. Very similar to Condor plug but with way more oomph. Lady N brings the hammer with the original.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Thanks, Ash...this old man is looking forward to something this rare of a find...very much appreciate the opportunity.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Curiously only 2 nights ago I met a fellow pipe smoker for the first time(he is on holiday here in Greece from Glasgow Scotland)

We talked about pipes and he said his late father was also a pipe smoker and smoked only Condor Twist and War Horse bar.

He is a St Bruno man and was quite surprised when I talked about estate pipes and people collecting them.

I guess he is like the typical US codger smoking an OTC blend in the same pipe all day

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Hydration Update: The Bar on the left currently weighs 24 grams. The bar on the right, just went into the re-hydration bin and it currently weighs 22 grams. I didn't state it earlier but the bar on the left started at 22 grams as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.