PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Why do I suddenly get the sense that these plugs were the prototype for the nuclear rods used in certain reactors...? :lol:
I would never have guessed the size would change like that! Wow.
This is going to be epic. Thank you for this fantastic opportunity. :worship:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Just testing the original stuff resulted in Jim Inks doing an endless loop impression of Edward G Robinson from Little Caesar for about two weeks!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Yez better watch it Simon, or yer gonna be in the next run of War Horse Green, see! Soylently Green, see. Myeah!

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
I wish I had friends that would gift me a tobacco this rare. But alas I'm the only pipe smoker I know. Hope you all enjoy the heck outta it.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Everyone who was fortunate enough to get on the Ash list...we are all waiting with baited breath and a small chambered pipe set aside and ready for this monumental occasion...to try some of the original blend...older than some of the members here.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Smoking this stuff might make you immortal or at least satisfy your inner Chuck Norris since we all know that In an average living room there are 1,242 objects Chuck Norris could use to kill you, including the room itself.! :rofl:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Let the fun begin! As an after thought Tim I would get everyone to sign a Waiver before receiving their sample. I would also suggest rubber gloves for handling the stuff and in extremis a full body condom :rofl:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
My experience with the War Horse Bar from the 80’s (Simon, correct me if I’m wrong on the date) was that it was a lot like Condor without the famous Condor sauce. I would also say that it was very similar in strength to Condor Plug in terms of nicotine. I didn’t detect much of any topping so I’m tickled to hear that it will be perceptible in this older version. In fact, I really did wonder if War Horse was just the same Plug as Condor without the famous Condor scent added.
Those plugs look beautiful, ash, thanks for posting them!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
By the early 1980s I tend to think that Gallaghers was doing a bit of badge engineering and that Condor Plug and War Horse were pretty much the same thing and they had defanged it so to speak. The same thing happened to Wills Woodbine cigarettes, Senior Service and Capstan Full Strength when they stopped using 'Empire Grown' tobacco and substituted Virginia. The old brands you were lucky if you could inhale the first three puffs of a Woodbine without your head spinning. The same with Players, Park Drive and Players Weights and then they switched away from 'Empire Blends' and everyone seemed to be able to inhale non stop. I have often thought there might be a correlation between smoking the modern stuff and some of the lung diseases that seem to afflict modern day cigarette smokers. Maybe its the environment? Who knows but I can count on both hands the number of Woodbine smokers in my family that have all died at a ripe old age. Go figure!

Reactions: Sicut_Incensum

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Okay, if you get the following package in the mail and it has a Vegas return, it's from me. It's not that thing you ordered at 2 a.m. while drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.