PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Then you've got these guys that predate Zippo, and still do a fantastic job.
img_20141203_105358-1.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Thank You!!Old dog likes new tricks...
I'm surprised that the new guides don't show how to do this. My thinking is since they have the pipe insert, there is no need to. Still a nifty way to use the chimney insert.

Jan 8, 2013
If you want to see some more cool graphics on a Zippo, search Frank Frazetta Zippo.

All the old school sword and sorcery stuff... fantastic.
Coyja, I've been a Frazetta fan since I was a kid, as well as Ken Kelly, his nephew who apprenticed under him. I completely forgot those lighters existed until you mentioned it. I may grab one along with a Zippo with a dragon.
I also forget those Nimrod lighters exist until someone mentions one. I may shop around Ebay in hopes of finding one.

Jan 8, 2013
Robert E Howard fan for life, myself... I wish there was more than one Conan version, but I'll still probably end up buying it, lol.
A fan, myself. In fact, I've been a fan since before that time between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas... just sayin.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” -RE Howard

Says it all, right there.

Jan 8, 2013
“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” -RE Howard

Says it all, right there.
:rofl: Very true!

Jan 8, 2013
Cosmic, I believe they're printed. I wouldn't carry one out unless I had a case to keep it in, or a pocket with no keys or change.

rokerdepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
www.ericstendal.com
I use a Zippo with the circle pipe insert. I make sure that the wick is 1/2 to 3/4 up through the hole and fresh. They need to be replaced from time to time. As well, the Zippo sometimes needs to be cleaned up from all the carbon build up; say, once a year or so. Other than that, I've had no issues or rim char or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.