PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

f4phantomdriver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 23, 2019
If you are looking for blends that won't offend onlookers (or on-sniffers more likely) but don't want some cloying flavoring that obscures the tobacco flavor, I would include in consideration some of the rum, bourbon, or brandy aromatics that are altogether tobacco forward but still have a room sweetener. GLP Barbary Coast with brandy behaves nicely this way, or Sir Walter Raleigh with its burley base, Virginia condiment, and flavoring with three liqueurs.
I have a feeling you really like SWRA lol. It was my second all day smoke. I'm pretty sure Carter Hall was my first everyday smoke. But I know I smoked SIr Walter Raleigh aromatic for a few years and nothing else. I still have a few unopened tubs in my cellar. After smoking Pegasus and Winchester, it's hard for me to go back to the classic OTC style blends. They just don't have enough "umph" for me, nicotine is what I'm trying to say I guess. I did make a mix with CB Dark and Pegasus that I called "Sweet Pegasus". But now I don't reach for those jars too often. I smoke it just the way Bob intended it. I absolutely love the room aroma of the Pegasus and Winchester. Both my sons like the smell of Winchester while I'm burning a bowl. I bought some Cornell & Diehl unsweetened black cavendish and added a little pinch to my tobacco pouch with the Pegasus and it made the room note a little more nicer for when everyone is in the house. The smell my boys mostly think of home and their Dad is Prince Albert. I smoked that all day for a few years.

Reactions: Peter Turbo