PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Doctorthoss:
Excuse me for just a moment while I extract the foot I so adroitly placed in my mouth.
Last night I read the first part of your original post then skipped down to your later post with the links. I read the articles, went "Harumph" and proceeded to post.
I am so sorry for not reading your initial post more thoroughly and then getting lippy. That is so unlike me, Doc, and you have my sincerest apologies.
Fnord

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
Fnord -- Not a problem, and it's not like I've never done the same thing in a board discussion. No apologies are necessary!
Peaceable puffing,

DoctorThoss

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
gave it the three episode chance... couldn't keep it in the rotation.... already watch too much stuff. It didn't seem the plot was going anywhere to me.... does the show end with someone building and IKEA?

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Nice low budget series for a cable network. Love the genre and they really are stretching the buck to make a realistic show. Watched the first six and will catch up when the major shows all finish for the year. My new favorite is Elementary, you can tell Robert Downey Jr. had a blast making the movies, he's EP on it.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Well, I was kinda surprised how long this thread got, and it was nice to see some other people that have some interest in the genre past what you get from Marvel's Thor.

tonguebitepipecleaner

Might Stick Around
Apr 26, 2013
I think it's decent, I know some more fastidious people might find the inaccuracies not to their liking, but it does offer up tid bits of what life must have been like. I particularly liked how fascinated and intrigued Ragnar is with finding this new religion and new gods and custom. Where nowadays in culture the catholic church have been painted as bastardising other mythologies or religions, when in reality it crept in insidiously, sometimes welcomed in. I also liked the shield maiden aspect to it, which did exist, plus Lagertha is hot as a Valkyrie's wing tips XD

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I don't care if a show is based in reality. If I want reality, I certainly wont turn to Hollywood for that. I like the setting, I enjoy the story lines, love the violence. As Doc said, it's pretty visually appealing too. It's now in my rotation and can't wait to watch last Sunday's episode. I haven't yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.