PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Well, I just ordered Frog Morton Across the Pond and Frog Morton Cellar tins. This is going to be my first non-lane, non-otc tobacco. Hoping I will enjoy it. I also ordered a Mr. Brog Billiar pipe to have a fresh pipe to try these blends in. Here's hoping I made a good choice.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Cellar is amazing smoke! I haven't tried ATP yet but it's on the list for my next order. I'm sure you will enjoy all the froggies!

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I am excited to try not only a new brand of tobacco, but also a new class. The only problem that I am having is that I can not buy this stuff locally and have to wait almost a week for my new baccy to arrive. Patients is the key in all things pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe that will be a Christmas request from me. I have a lot of pleasing tobaccos going

in rotation right now, and others aging in jars. I'll go review the availability at my local

independent.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Congrats on moving up in the world of tobaccos. I am a minority here; I don't like the Frogs. But, I am not big on crossover Englishes anyway. I hope you enjoy them, and they lead to further explorations.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
I tried my first bowl of FM original yesterday. Not sure about it yet, need more time to explore and savor. It was my first try with Lat, and I was surprised when I opened the tin and sniffed. I thought I had rolled out the BBQ and put some ribs on. I was equally surprised, by mid bowl, at how mild it smoked. Definitely worth further research. I also have FM On the Bayou to try, but waiting awhile before venturing. I'm still in love with my burley, but willing to go the distance.
Good luck with your first bowl.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I love the Froggy's I've tried so far, and have the rest on my order list. Across the Pond has been the best(for me) to date. I've yet to open my tin of On the Town, and Cellar will be ordered next month. I hope you enjoy them. Let us what you think, and Enjoy, jndyer!

pauljmjr

Lurker
Sep 8, 2012
I regularly smoke heavier English blends, but also always have all of the Froggies on hand. I'm particularly fond of the original and the newest one - Cellar. Really top notch tobaccos, blended very well. Enjoy!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Everyone should try the original before the variations of it, it is simply amazing.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Today I had my second ever bowl of FM, oh yeah, now I'm getting the flavor of the latakia. Very nice flavor, very nice smoke, overall.

protestantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 20, 2013
I just tried my first bowl of FM today. Now I see what all the fuss is about, truly a great blend. Smooth to the last puff.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Anyone who reads Forums will try Frog Morton sooner or later. I have yet to get there, but

I'm sure I will. How would you compare the original to Dunhill Mixture 965, a English/Lat

that I know well? More lat, less lat, stronger, milder? Right now I'm on a Nat Sherman

(the NYC tobacconist) Exclusive blend 536 kick, but I think that one is a little rare to ask for

comparisons. That one is a tad milder than 965, but so well balanced it is a terrific smoke.

protestantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 20, 2013
The FM is smoother, same basic strength but somehow if moves better in the pipe. That being said, the 965 has an aroma that FM can't match.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Enjoy. I think you will find both are fantastic. My personal preference so far is Cellar.
I think this will get you on the English/Balkan Train and pretty soon you'll be smoking all kinds of Latakia blends. Cellar is what got me into being a lover of Latakia.
The stuff is just amazing.

juptierspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2013
Illinois
I am also about to give ole Frog Morton Cellar a whirl for the first time. Giving aros a break (a small break) for a bit and trying more English. Getting the smell past the boss has been an up hill battle!

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
I'm looking forward to trying FM soon. P&C has a deal right now where if you order $60 of McClelland tobaccos they include a free in of regular FM. So I'm going to stock up on some Red Cake and Oriental Mixture #1, and they'll throw it in for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.