PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
I like FM much better in my Barkley Rex brier, than in a cob. It's just ok in a small Legend, but not at all in a Country Gent. Don't ask me why, but for me, FM is better in wood.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
OK, Forums members, you sold me a tin. I may hold it awhile before I pop the top; if I have anything

to add to the discussion, I'll pipe up. Pun. It cost me $13 at my local independent shop, but no

shipping, and I like to support my tobacconist. This is the original blend, to start. I'm holding some

Brebbia, Royal Yacht, and 965 to age (I have it in bulk in a jar to use first). I want to wait on my Froggy

until I have an occasion, real or imagined.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Just smoked FM On the Bayou the other night, and was surprised by this blend that they call Balkan. Didn't think I'd like it, but it was pretty good. Still need to try On the Town and Dunhill MM 965 to see how I like them.
So...So far, FM is batting .1000 here. :D

cavendish36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
Being new(er) to the hobby, I had only tried the aromatic light blends such as Golden Cavendish or Baklava. A friend of mine introduced me to FMOTT about 6 months ago, and since then, that's my goto blend.
On another note... several people have posted about transferring tobacco to jars for aging purposes and about allowing some tobaccos to dry a bit before smoking, with the intended result of a better flavor/better smoke. Are there any tobaccos that are great right over the counter (or from the mailbox)?

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Okay, having smoked both FM On the Bayou and Dunhill MM 965, my preference so far is the FM blend. I do see what dunhill means about the unique flavor though - just not exactly my cup of tea yet, but may not matter as time marches on and my taste buds acclimate.
LOL Now did that sound like a pile of convoluted BS or what? :lol:

cavendish36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
Thanks for the info, Rothnh. I've been thinking about trying the Dunhill - will probably cellar some and use some fresh to compare the difference.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
My local B&M stocks several of the FM blends - will have to check them out.

lockdown199

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 28, 2013
I was just looking at the FM line yesterday at my local B+M. I'm one of those guys that uses one pipe for one kind of blend and I just bought a new Peterson last week so maybe I'll make it my English blend pipe.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
So have any of you guys gotten your Froggy tins in yet and if so have you tried them?
I have found very few people that didn't like them.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Hard to beat Cellar. My go to blend since the first time I tried it two months ago. I immediately ordered three more 100g tins. Now I have some socked away. Excellent tobacco blend. Sometimes when walking by the cabinet where I store my tobacco, I will pause and take time to open my Mason Jar of Frog Morton's Cellar and breath in the aroma. Good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.