PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Jesse, the answer is a very simple one. The size of folks cellars are ranked for all to see. It is not just some benign spreadsheet program that keeps a log of tobacco stored, it is a bragging tool and nothing more.
Narcissism? A form of public dick wagging? Yeah, I suppose that does make sense. I just hope that the site allowed for downloading and backing up of the lists. Otherwise, Peck is going to have a nervous breakdown.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
It's useful to have tasting notes when shopping. I rely on not only my own, but those of others over at TR. Not sure if this grants me any narcissism points, but with social media, those can't be that hard to come by.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
@rblood : what do you mean by "manage your tobacco orders" ?
I used the wish list section to hold tobaccos I wanted to try, plus I also try and keep a running stream of certain tobaccos with 3-5 years age on them - think inventory management. The site was really good at showing what you had and both the average and specific ages of each.
When I would go to make my monthly tobacco order I would simply pull up the site and use it as a guide to what I needed to order (items low in stock, wish list items, etc.)
No real magic to it, just seemed to suit me and I fell in to the habit of relying on it. No big, who doesn't like spending a rainy Sat. inventorying and re-cataloging your tobacco? Could be fun... For the first few hours or so at least.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
who doesn't like spending a rainy Sat. inventorying and re-cataloging your tobacco?

haha indeed, I might have something that will interest you, I sent you a PM.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
DM, I don't think that Pipe Tool is the same as the iPhone APP. At least it doesn't do what that webpage says it does, and it just looks different.
Correct, I run thepipetool.com and have nothing to do with that old iphone app that got abandoned, those guys never got back with me as it would have been cool to find a way to integrate. I remember a year or two ago tobaccocellar.com went down - the owner was late on the hosting, but it came back up, could be similar. SOOOO if you do have a backup of your cellar from there you can import it into thepipetool.com, and remember you can also track your pipes and your reviews there. I'm also currently looking for a new developer to help me take it to the next level.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Ask any competent hacker: NOTHING is ever "hidden" on the Internet!
That goes without saying. Nobody wants to hack my tobacco cellar when they can look at Pecks. ha ha

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
For their always interesting, informative and well-written reviews on tobaccoreviews.com, thank you Mr. Jim and Pipestud.
You hit the nail on the head there. When reading reviews they are the two I always look for.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
And a great time to download a backup copy of your cellar. I just did.

Status
Not open for further replies.