PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Nate, this is exactly what I've been looking for, too! I tried thepipetool.com and tobacco cellar.org but I really want to use my phone as well. Thanks for posting, I'll try it out tonight. It's still going to be a long, tedious process cause I've been collecting since 2009. All my stuff is dated with a label maker but going through it all one piece at a time is going to be a long process. Better late than never.
Thanks!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Let me know what you think of the app! If you've been keeping a spreadsheet, I see the app does offer a way to import a CSV file, although I've not tried it. I find this app to be a FAR easier, cleaner, better way to keep inventory. Since I posted that database, I've added a slot for a URL to tobaccoreviews as well as a barcode scan for those tins that have them. If you'd like a link to this updated DB let me know, although it'll have the inventory I've inputed thus far, around 20.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Ok... here's a snap of a short section I have thus far completed:
img_0587-337x600.png

Nate's template got me started. Then I tweaked it to list blender/manufacturer first, then the blend name. It sorts first according to blender, then EASILY allows secondary sorts to do it alpha by blend name within... something I NEVER could get to happen without trouble on the spreadsheet. Then I got all excited to discover it auto-fits pics without blowing everything to hell because of picture size... also something I hated about the spread sheet. So here's the attributes with exactly the same info that I wanted, in the order I wanted it, plus the joy of pix! 77 entries!
img_0588-337x600.png

Super hats off and thanks to Nate for all of this!! And it's all on my phone to boot!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
77 blends and I'm caught up to my present cellar

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
I've written an Android app for pipe smokers, Pipe Notebook. It's still somewhat early in its development, but it's used by more than 500 people, and I'm currently working on a large update. I'd be happy to get feedback (praise *and* criticism) from anyone here :)
For starters, the functionality is currently somewhat limited: see a (large) list of tobacco, add them to your own list, rate and add images. But, as I said, I'm actively working on it.
No iOS version yet, but a lot of people have been requesting it, so I hope to get to it within a few months at most.

ssavarimuthu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2016
Glad you posted this! I've been looking for a solid app for the same reason. Thanks for the post along with the screen shots.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
That's why I took the whole cost thing OFF!!! Out of sight, out of mind!! (Until we can't get food, clothing, or shelter... but hot dmn!! I gotta a great cellar for the Pipepocalypse!!)

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I am still using that old PipeTool app from SpicyClam. It stopped working for a while, but with the latest IOS version it is working again. Plus I keep an Excel Spreadsheet, too (created when the app stopped working).
But this MyStuff app looks very cool, and can be used for more than just tobacco. I also collect guitars and knives and other stuff that this app would be great for.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Conlejm, I plan on using it for other things as well including a general home inventory for insurance purposes. It's easy to tailor it to pretty much anything.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Nate said: "Anybody else getting just a tad bit nauseated at their total cost?"
Well no, I only have $49.47 in total tobacco cost.
But that is the amount above $10,000.00 and I don't count that.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I just had to hit this thread again! I've been tweaking and adjusting this WONDERFUL app for my tobacco cellar. I've tweaked the display to include quantity on hand and my own 5 star ratings.

img_0860-337x600.png

Then I discovered I could add "Notes" including several lines of text... so I collected and pasted in catalog descriptions of each entry.

img_0861-337x600.png

And finally I started another data base for my pipes.

img_0862-337x600.png

Again another shout-out and HUGE thank you to Nate for sharing about this app in the first place! It has revolutionized my own keeping track of everything... and right on my phone which is almost always upon my person! No more guessing when the TAD and PAD attacks come!!
I can't recommend this app enough!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Awesome additions!! I might add the rating thing. I've since added a URL for buying as well as a barcode so I can scan tins that have them. I can't fathom a better method for inventory in our hobby. The app really is perfect in every way. I wouldn't change a thing. I'm thrilled others are loving it as well!!

Status
Not open for further replies.