PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Great pipes.

I have a few however the ladies do seem to like my black one.

WP-20181128-029-1.jpg

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Looks like I am picking up a cool NOS vintage Falcon USA from our boy @BROBS. I'm excited. Can anyone recommend a reliable meerschaum bowl? I see a ton on Ebay but am not sure if there is quality difference.
Those Turkish meerschaum bowls are top quality especially the cased ones for $ 40-50, yet quite a many of those bowls comes with rather wide diameter, I definitely advice checking specs before buying any,as far as new stems go, I have been told by one reputable UK based tobacconist that they are facing troubles in getting restock of stems because of C19 (CCP)virus restrictions in England , which supposedly did have some affect on factory operation and output

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Looks like I am picking up a cool NOS vintage Falcon USA from our boy @BROBS. I'm excited. Can anyone recommend a reliable meerschaum bowl? I see a ton on Ebay but am not sure if there is quality difference.
Ask some of our Falcon brothers whether they prefer the silicone 0-ring versions or the nylon threaded ones. I don't have any meerschaum bowls so I'd be interested in their responses.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
nice. Enjoy it. My falcons are far from my favorite pipes but I swear they're the best bang for the buck. My biggest problem is I don't like the look. I think people look fine smoking them, but they look lame on a shelve. Though when I have only 30 to 40 minutes for a smoke they're perfect.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Those Turkish meerschaum bowls are top quality especially the cased ones for $ 40-50, yet quite a many of those bowls comes with rather wide diameter, I definitely advice checking specs before buying any,as far as new stems go, I have been told by one reputable UK based tobacconist that they are facing troubles in getting restock of stems because of C19 (CCP)virus restrictions in England , which supposedly did have some affect on factory operation and output
Thanks!
Though when I have only 30 to 40 minutes for a smoke they're perfect.
I need to do this more. Most of my smokes are 90 minutes+ which means if I don't have the time I don't actually smoke. I also rarely have a chance for more than one bowl in a day but have lots of different stuff I'd like to smoke so having some smallish bowls might change they way I consume a bit.
Ask some of our Falcon brothers whether they prefer the silicone 0-ring versions or the nylon threaded ones.
Good to know. Will look into that.

Reactions: BROBS and edger

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Thanks!

I need to do this more. Most of my smokes are 90 minutes+ which means if I don't have the time I don't actually smoke. I also rarely have a chance for more than one bowl in a day but have lots of different stuff I'd like to smoke so having some smallish bowls might change they way I consume a bit.

Good to know. Will look into that.
I bought a tiny pipe to celebrate getting full time at my job. I only smoke it during breaks I get two 30 minute breaks. The weird thing is unless it's a weak blend I feel the satisfaction. Most of my bowls are on what I consider the big side of medium and give about an hour or so smoke. But it is nice to have some smaller pipes for those times. I get in a half hour walk after work. The falcon is perfect for that. And if you have two bowls you can easily get an hour in by switching bowls.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Looks like I am picking up a cool NOS vintage Falcon USA from our boy @BROBS. I'm excited. Can anyone recommend a reliable meerschaum bowl? I see a ton on Ebay but am not sure if there A few more questions: Buy Dry Rings or make your own? Are they basically single use or do you get multiple smokes from one? Do you have to use one?
Dry rings are semi pointless IMo
I’ll send you some I’ve got a ton.