PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
photo-534x600.png

Peterson Rosslare Spigot (107) Fishtail
Lately I've become enamored with Peterson spigots and was eyeing this one for a while, but felt is was over my budget at $200+.
Then, lo and behold, smokingpipes had a price drop! Suddenly these Rosslare spigots were priced at $161.50 and I couldn't resist. Then smokingpipes alerted me that oops - they made a mistake, there wasn't supposed to be a price drop! But, good people that they are, they said they would honor the price at $161.50.
Once again, smokingpipes proves themselves to be a class act. The pipe is over 6" in length, nice thick walls, beautiful sterling work. Looking forward to receiving.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Wow, nice looking pipe and that's some great customer service from Smoking Pipes. Enjoy the new addition.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
That's a very classy pipe! Nice, sophisticated billiard. :clap:

I never owned a spigot, and there hasn't been much talk about them.

Can you remove the stem while the pipe is still warm?

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks for the nice comments guys - much appreciated!
Can you remove the stem while the pipe is still warm?
Yes, totally safe to do, which is a really nice benefit and why I want more spigots. :puffy:

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Nice pipe! I am sorry I missed that slip-up, because I would have gotten one also for that price. Nice catch!

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Alacazam! What a great looking pipe. I've got Petes a plenty in Army mount, but none in silver spigot. Yours is a beauty. And kudos to SP for honoring their mistake. Let us know how she smokes.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
If you keep acquiring those classy silver spigots, you're not only going to have to invest in a silk smoking jacket, but join a hoity-toity London-style "gentlemen's club" in which to smoke them.
As you know, I also love Petersons, and spigots, but I've already got about 30-some-odd pipes scattered all over my office, more upstairs, and I'm really trying to convince myself that at my age PAD and all my other acquisition disorders are not appropriate.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks guys - really appreciate the kind words!
You love those Petes, numbersix! Very nice looking pipe. Tell me about the silver spigots. Do you own any? How is the connection? Can you remove during the smoke/when hot?
Well, I must confess that I only own one other spigot (which is why I had to have another), but yes, it removes easily even when hot and yet the connection is firm when in - but I would say that it is not quite as firm as a traditional tenon.
As you know, I also love Petersons, and spigots, but I've already got about 30-some-odd pipes scattered all over my office, more upstairs, and I'm really trying to convince myself that at my age PAD and all my other acquisition disorders are not appropriate.
I hear that! I should be devoting every penny to TAD, but PAD is tough to beat sometimes.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
SP may have lost $40 on the pipe but the goodwill will be returned to them tenfold because of it. It's company's like this that attract and retain a loyal following.
Good looking pipe Six, please let us know how she smokes

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've been admiring those Pete silver spigots as well, good eagle on the price drop and good one on SmokingPipes for honoring their mistake. That is a beautiful pipe!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I do so want a Peterson Spigot. Just seems like every time one comes around that really grabs my attention I am broke. Beautiful pipe Numbersix. I have come to expect nothing short of top notch customer service from Smokingpipes.com and that is why I have, almost exclusively, ordred from them for the past 15 years.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks a lot guys, this pipe is a beauty. I have it in my hands and smoking it as I write. So far so great. The drilling is spot on and the grain is much nicer than the photos shows (and a good chunk of briar - probably not so good for clenchers, but perfect for me).

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
LOL I zooomed over to smokingpipes.com with itchy hands burning holes in my pockets to take a look, but alas, yours must have been the only one, or a lot of people outsprinted me.
Very nice pipe, Six. Can you recommend another model that is thick-walled, as this one is?

Status
Not open for further replies.