SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 27, 2020
I drove 30 mins this afternoon to get some choice Chole Bhature only to feel like a turkey that had been feeding on styrofoam peanuts for a fortnight and then I felt like I ate that turkey and wanted to nod off on the whole ride home I thought a paan might help the situation so I popped on in while driving but the problem is I can't handle so much paan juice and didn't have a receptacle in the car to use as a spittoon and have yet to master projecting it out the window at 65mph without significant splash back. I had so much fun I think I'll do the same next Wednesday!

Jan 27, 2020
Jerusalem artichoke - nicknamed "FART-ichoke" 😁

Not a true artichoke, but a tuber that looks somewhat like (root) ginger

Yea...sunchokes... some people lack an enzyme or whatever and they make me feel like someone is trying to skewer my lower intestines with pre-heated shard of barbwire. A shame as they are really tasty.

Reactions: OzPiper
Jan 27, 2020
10-15 heads of garlic

Life without garlic would be pretty depressing although I avoid raw garlic. Odd thing, over the weekend I had something for lunch with a lot of raw garlic and it made me very very sleepy. Not sure if that's some common side effect.

Reactions: woodsroad

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
Never garlic for me.
The world would be easier to live in without this abomination of a vegetable.
Smells and tastes like Cerberus hangover-breath.

Chili on the other hand, love it.

• Wow
Reactions: woodsroad

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
There was an italian place when i lived in Boston that had the best bread and it was served with a hold bulb of roasted garlic with the top sliced off (obviously) and the oil from roasting it. They actually had really good veal parm as well, but the garlic was the key, ever since then i've roasted garlic the same way when i made italian dinners.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Being on Keto for so long (then off and now back on) I find that anything with carbs bloats, if i have a cheat day and eat pizza or rice or just about any carb heavy food i am pretty much going to put on 3 or so pounds over the next couple days as my body sucks up water and retains it, carbs are water retention. Usually takes me a couple days of going almost zero carbs to get back on track and shed the water weight .. but it is pretty depressing LOL

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
There was an italian place when i lived in Boston that had the best bread and it was served with a hold bulb of roasted garlic with the top sliced off (obviously) and the oil from roasting it. They actually had really good veal parm as well, but the garlic was the key, ever since then i've roasted garlic the same way when i made italian dinners.
I'm a big fan of garlic confit. It's cheap, easy, delicious, and satisfying with most dishes (while making the house smell amazing).

I was first turned on to roasted garlic bulbs at a steakhouse, when a head of elephant garlic was served with a loaf of bread. If I ate bread more at home, I'd roast garlic more often.

Reactions: mawnansmiff

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I'm a big fan of garlic confit. It's cheap, easy, delicious, and satisfying with most dishes (while making the house smell amazing).

I was first turned on to roasted garlic bulbs at a steakhouse, when a head of elephant garlic was served with a loaf of bread. If I ate bread more at home, I'd roast garlic more often.
Same here but sometimes i'll roast it up and then grill up some onions and toss the garlic in with it, the sweetness of the caramelized onions and the garlic is awesome.