PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Going to try this with some Dunhill Royal Yacht and Nightcap since they're both ribbon cuts. Been using the Frank method with reasonable success but the issue with that (Frank) is one still needs to properly estimate how much tobacco to include in the "packet" for each different pipe, or it can still end up too loose or too dense.

thedudeabides

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
I am officially a convert. I tried it for the first time last night, and it worked very well and resulted in the fewest relights I can remember. Highly recommended!

perrybucsdad

Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
I gave this a try last night... since I normally pack mine when I get in the car, this made a huge mess in my lap... oh well... I'll have to practice it a little more at a table I guess. I'll stick with my normal method when I'm in the car for now.

volyd

Lurker
Nov 22, 2013
Lawrence

I never had any luck with the "swirl" method.

However; I will swirl pack my pipe by picking up a thumb and three fingers "pinch" of tobacco and make circular motions with the tobacco while it fills my upright pipe.

I find that this "inverted" swirl is fast, consistent, and works very well.

Been packing pipes like that for years... especially good for packing from a pouch.
First post on the forum, pipe smoker for a couple of years now, and a long time lurker.
I've tried your method several times now, and I must say those bowls where the best I've had in a long time! So good in fact, that I decided to (finally) make a account. And with my first (and hopefully not last) post I want to say thank you!

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
This is easily becoming my favorite way to pack a bowl. I find the tobacco gets packed perfectly light.

Status
Not open for further replies.