The Only Acceptable Method for Smoking The Tobacco Pipe (TM)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Did I miss this, no mention of calf skin slippers, grey only. Now that you have trade marked your soliloquy without the slippers, I will take all you have expressed add the slippers and trade mark this for my self. I also noticed you forgot the cravat around your neck with the smoking jacket. One more major faux pas on your part. A gentleman never forgets these things, you are obviously a neophyte pretending to have class. I suggest you go back to your mothers basement and try it again. You might want to send it to me to edit for you. Begone you beggar.
By the way, loved your post and your dry humor, well done.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Did I miss this, no mention of calf skin slippers, grey only.
Gack! You are officially color blind. Back to your naked women and donkeys!
I almost forgot the smoking cap, preferably watered silk. Oh, and the tassel, mustn't forget the tassel.
What's wrong with von Karajan?
He conducts Beethoven like it's Tchaikovsky.
You are permitted to add Furtwangler to the list.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Fez. Red.
6) Select an unsmoked pre-1967 Dunhill from the collection. Any shape is acceptable. Straight shank, of course. We are not hippies.
:lol: - Don't know why; this cracked me up.

Mar 1, 2014
I find The Only Acceptable Method for Smoking The Tobacco Pipe (TM) to be highly pretentious, even offensive.
I shall not partake in such tomfoolery nor speak of it again. It is wholly beneath my character.

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
I thought it was really funny.
23) If this simple test fails, grasp the designated tamper firmly, insert it fully into the bowl and flick the entire contents into the Dunhill ashtray. Wipe the Dunny with a 100% cotton white cloth and return it to your pipe wall. Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.
:rofl:

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Rachmaninoff Concerto #2 - Philadelphia Orchestra, Stokowski cond. - Pretty amazing sound for 1929, courtesy of Ward Marston and Mark Obert-Thorn.
:clap: -I'll bet you refer to the recording with Sergei Rachmaninoff performing the piano himself. Amazing is the word.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Don't be so Kurt!
@ jesse: What's wrong with Tchaikers?? Not as good as Beeters, but still not too feeble. BTW, my music "taste" stops somewhere around Mahler.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I can't hear Mahler without thinking of "mauler".
For a nice Spring morning...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7e4msH3LMg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
@ jesse: What's wrong with Tchaikers?? Not as good as Beeters, but still not too feeble. BTW, my music "taste" stops somewhere around Mahler.
Ain't nothing wrong with Tchaikovsky that some testosterone shots wouldn't help. Seriously though, Beethoven and Tchaikovsky are such different musical personalities, Tchaikovsky so extraordinarily polished and refined, Beethoven letting it all come out. I don't mind Tchaikovsky being Tchaikovsky. I don't like Beethoven being turned into Tchaikovsky.
@mayfair70 - Gotta love some Mozart in the morning, and this would be a perfect accompaniment to a nice bowl and a good book. So this definitely meets the "acceptable method" criteria.
As for Mahler, I loves me some Mahler, but not as background. And I will admit that some of his work is challenging, inaccessible and seems overlong. But his symphonies 1 and 4 are wonderful, lyrical and buoyant. Das Leid Von Der Erde is a real toe tapper! Funny that I should like Mahler and detest Wagner. But I like Chopin and not Lizst, Schubert but not Schumann. Go figure.
Then there's Bach:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyNB9VkRHmg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5IHqqUZEYk

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
How did this thread degenerate into a discussion about classical music? Everyone knows the only music to listen too while smoking is from Yes, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, David Bowie and Black Sabbath. Stop with the light in the loafers ( not that there is anything wrong with that) Beethoven and Tchaikovsky. Get a freaking clue, if you must deviate from my above list, only old Motown and Jethro Tull may be substituted.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I defy you sir, the very man who doesn't know the difference between an ascot and a cravat. All ascots are cravats, but not all cravats are ascots. The nerve !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IKbmQ4Cs08

Status
Not open for further replies.