PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
I'm a lefty and I don't have any trouble switching hands to light my pipe with this insert.
I'm not suggesting it will be difficult, just trying to understand the design. I'm a lefty too, but use my right hand to light.

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
Not a single vote for an S.T. Dupont or Dunhill? Where are the gilded aristocrats?

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
Though I love my Old Boy, I'm with carolinachurchwarden in that a butane tank in a Zippo case works great!

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Refillable, adjustable and cheap. Found at most service stations or convenient stores.
41oQu747nDL._AC_SY200_.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
Is Zippo reliable?
Lighting tobacco in heavy winds since 1933. I use the standard Zippo pipe lighter. It's perfect for using outdoors in the wind. The Zippo has seen very little change in design since it's inception, I suppose because... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
Zippo is good old school , belt and suspenders, ubiquitous lighters
You can even use gasoline in them in a pinch

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
Yah , when you flick your bic and you need to tilt it , it sometimes burns , almost , cause the flame is exactly by your thumb

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My favorite lighter is the IM Corona Pipemaster. It has an electronic ignition that has been perfect for over 3 years now. The lighter has a nice long tamper built in and the fuel tank is also good sized. I have IM Corona Old Boys that are also great.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
My favorite lighter is the IM Corona Pipemaster.
I might consider getting something like these IM Corona's someday, but right now I'm still in pipe acquiring mode. Once I get a nice stable of pipes, then I'll look at getting a nice little IM Corona or something like it as a nice accessory. Right now, my Zippo works great and I can spend my money on pipes I want to get. Once I squash my PAD down a little, then I'll be on to LAD? Hrmmm, something sounds off about that one.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
If I was just getting into pipes i would be concentrating on tobacco. It only going to get tougher to get and more expensive.

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
Yes , there are lots of pipes
Tobacco , you need to build up a good “float”

ken56

Might Stick Around
Sep 30, 2018
I bought a China HONEST Pipe lighter off of Ebay - So far it works great - The flame goes where you point it and holds Butane well. Just a little bit more than a Bic - and no burnt fingers. For the money its worth trying.

K.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Here's the best thing I've used. In my experience, about 3 in 5 work well. 2 in 5 won't refill correctly and I toss them. They do a bang up job of lighting a pipe though. Have a decent fuel capacity as well. The ones with the longer extension are more difficult to line up over the bowl.
I do need to try the Pipemaster with the electronic ignition though solely for home use.
61pIfhayW7L._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.