PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rottingcorpse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2015
That explains his sense of humor. On a serious note, I'm a big police supporter, unless you were CHP! But seriously, the media really ticks me off nowadays. I feel really bad for cops, especially in big cities and pray they return safely home everyday.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
30 yrs ago while I was enthralled with the TV show MacGyver I saved up and bought a Victorinox Swiss Army Champ for about $100. After 4 yrs as an army Cadet, 8yrs in the Infantry, traveling the globe, and everything else I still have one on my belt everyday. Best piece of kit I've ever bought.

spartanfan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2013
bonehed - nice score on that Russ Cook pipe. I thought it would go for a bit more when I listed it up on eBay but that is how things go...sometimes high sometimes low. Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Peckin..that was beautiful!

Bradley. If you had wings, you would be an Old Cajun Angel with an attitude.

jimbo69

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2014
Well, there was...
MH7UeDW.jpg

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Peck
I have seen that video before (and some very much like it) and it never fails to move me.
I know this is off topic, but the fact that schools have cut music appreciation (along with many other 'unneeded' activities to occupy and fill children's imagination) sadness me to no end. I certainly understand the financials, but without our children being exposed to fine music, What's left is wrap crap and the like.
With proper exposure, who could not be inspired by Beethoven's 9th?

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
A marriage certificate, an a short honeymoon. $100 went a lot further 39 yrs ago. And yes I'd do it again, and again!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Like Allen I've seen it before, and a confession, I played the French Horn in High school, love all kinds of music except the Rap Crap. Music Director asked me personally to play it and I asked why, he said you're the only tough little Cajun who can whip some bodies ass if they try and make fun of you. Told him That"ll work. If you're not moved by this then their ain't no hope for you.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I've always loved how it starts with the big bass. One of my favourite piece of music only beaten by YoYoMa playing the cello suites by Bach.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
If Bradley had wings he wouldn't thump when he jumped. :rofl:
Who said cops don't have a sense of humor :D

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Sometimes the best money spent can seem like the worst money spent.... Until time passes, allowing you to reflect, thankful things turned out as they did. As messed up and illegal as it was, a $100/vial of LSD was the best money I've ever spent, the biggest bang for the buck, a highly charged high energy event which altered the trajectory of my life in profound ways. It was a low dollar booster rocket that got me where I was going far faster with eyes wide open. Crazy days...

Status
Not open for further replies.