Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
My Russ Cook EBay score! Album HERE

9WU0xk4.jpg

May 4, 2015
A good multi-tool really becomes indispensable. I could see how that $100 bucks really stretches on an item like that. Same goes for a good pocket knife.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Probably one of the gifts for my wife, although that covers a lot of different gifts more and less than $100. On the exact amount, it might be a check I wrote when I was a vet counselor in the 1970s working mostly on GI Bill education benefits on a campus. Mostly between the other vets and me, we could shake loose the benefits in time to pay off their landlords, the electric company, the tuition, etc. But one man was in a terrible spot going to school, and his wife seriously ill, and I just wrote him a check, sent it to his home, and told him it had nothing to do with his benefits, which we eventually got going. FYI vets, the worst prevalent cause of non-delivery of checks was misplacing and forgetting the file number, and people who tried to use their social security number when they still had one of the old VA numbers. Translated into the present, bureaucratic detail. Sometimes guys started out angry with me; then I'd sit down and write them a hair-raising complaint memo for their signature, and they liked me some better. The other best hundred bucks have been fees to adopt rescue animals. While the biggest lie in the English language is the two words "free kitten," the hundred bucks I've put toward several fur friends has repaid many times in companionship, amusement, and to my mind intellectual stimulation -- they don't talk, but they perpetually think and communicate -- ears, eyes, tail, posture, vocalization, gait, etc.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The best $100 pipe investment to this point is a Jack Howell "Passion for Pipes" Comoys replica. (I have the matching smooth pipe, but it was significantly more).

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
The Haynes manual for my 07 Triumph Bonneville -- it's saved me hundreds in labour costs and taught me quite a bit along the way! And I still have $60 left over :lol:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Factory Shop manuals are always worth their weight in gold! (drezz01 - do you need a set of pins for valve shim adjustment for a Bonneville?)

May 4, 2015
My coffee press is another one I thought of. It wasn't NEAR $100 but it gets used daily, sometimes more than once, and the enjoyment it's given me is worth many times what I payed for it. And that's with wal mart coffee.

May 4, 2015
I roll my eyes at everyone who has said "hookers"! I roll them! Here I am, trying to start a feel-good thread about things we value in our lives and you HAVE to talk about prostitutes.... sheesh.
Besides, $100 isn't nearly enough for a decent hooker. Even here in Reno.

realfloopyguy

Lurker
Jun 11, 2015
A WW2 Mosin Nagant and 440 rounds of ammo were $100 not so long ago. It is what got me into collecting rifles. Definitely the best $100 I spent.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Exactly. "feel-good" "hooker" Don't you see the connection?
Thank you, Sable! I was simply making sure that these fine business women of the night were included in the $100 thread!
Tom, my mom's lived in Vegas for 20 years, so i like to think that i know that city pretty well. You can find a pretty good "wood worker" if you look hard enough, say North Vegas...Freemont Street? I bet Reno is the same way, besides i saw plenty of hookers on Reno 911 and that's a real show, Right? Lol. :rofl:

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I don't know from experience but, I understand that most hookers can count currency and most all of them know the current exchange rates.
Nice one, Warren. I think you are giving them quite a lot credit, as i believe their "daddy's" as they call them, deal with the exchange rates and general counting of payments for services rendered. :lol:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Most of the transactions I observed when I was a copper were "pimpless." The lady of the night handled, as it were, the entire transactions. However, if you are using hotel staff to do your procuring a "tip" might be in order for the desk clerk or bellman.
edit: some of the ladies are quite adroit with financial concerns.

rottingcorpse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2015
+1
I don't know from experience but, I understand that most hookers can count currency and most all of them know the current exchange rates.
Pipe-wise, my IMP cost $120 on sale. It's my best smoker by far, and it's coloring uniquely and quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.