PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I wish I had a real tobacconist here. Too many head shops disguising themselves as tobacco shops or cheap cigarette shops. This area has 250K people and no shop.

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
I'm lucky. I have a very nice B&M just a couple of miles from my house.
They are about 1/4 pipe, 1/4 cigar, and 1/2 smoking lounge. They have a great group of people (whipper snappers, old codgers, and everything in between).
Sitting in the lounge enjoying a smoke is pretty much like hanging out in the forums here with much less typing.
If I had a place like this a couple miles from my house, I'd be there twice a week. Plus I'd bike there and put a little exercise on either side of a smoke.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Daniel if we had the same quality of tobacconists and prices that you have in America, I would be be there every week (even if I had to drive an hour each way) I would drop my son off at my sisters and call it "me" time .. 8)

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
I wish I had a real tobacconist here. Too many head shops disguising themselves as tobacco shops or cheap cigarette shops. This area has 250K people and no shop.
Where do you live? Because I'm moving there to open a shop.
Right now we don't hve much in the way of pipe competition in our immediate area but there are too many cigar shops around splitting up the pie.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I recently sold 50+ tampers to a local B&M for a ridiculous price. Now he can give them away with each pipe he sells. This was largely a gift to his bottom line.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
One of the best B&Ms I've visited is The Country Squire in Jackson, Ms...it's about 3 hours from New Orleans, but I make a trip there once a month...they have been custom blending their own blends for 40+ years....and the have a nice display of estate and new artisan pipes...

owen

May 28, 2014
I have tried a few in the UK now but the staff while helpful are not knowledgeable about their own blends.

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
My local B&M just got even better.
I've only been smoking a pipe for a little over a month. One of the guys finally noticed I'd been hanging out in the lounge some and buying an ounce of a different bulk blend every time I was there. Granted it wasn't difficult to notice, because I've been going by 2 or 3 days each week.
I went in today to pick up a tin of Escudo Navy Deluxe (I can't wait to try it tonight). The guy behind the counter said he had a surprise for me.
He had about a 1/4 ounce of each of their bulk blends (24 different ones), bagged up and in a box. He handed it to me and told me to let him know what my favorite was. He also said if there was anything he wasn't carrying to let him know. He said he would match whatever price I found online + the shipping. Meaning he'd charge me the online price plus what I would have paid for shipping that individual item.
He also told me they had a pipe club that meets the first Tuesday of each month. So it looks like I'll get to attend my first pipe club meeting the first of next year.
If I wasn't already married and of a different inclination, I would have proposed to the dude on the spot.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
The only B&M's in my area are all either "smoke" shops you know the ones were all the signs say "for legal smoking products only" and have glass pipes etc. or are cigar stores.

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
@phonomet
I wonder what they would say. I think if they had enough tobacco on hand they might be willing to do a deal. But if they had to special order it and pay separate shipping costs I doubt they would.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I have been buying (not as much as I should) from B&B in Asheville ever since it was Bruce's Pipe shop, when the current owners Mom & Dad ran it in 1986.

Nicest family you ever met.

Status
Not open for further replies.