"Strike anywhere" matches disappearing in your area too?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

9 Fresh Savinelli Autograph Pipes
12 Fresh Ashton Pipes
12 Fresh Mastro Geppetto Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
60 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I grew up in Texas, but seceded always able to get them at the camping/boy scout supply store we went to. Saw em the other day therevas well.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I think we have them in San Jose?

I accidently bought 2 "strike on box" only boxes...which I'd rather have the Strike anywhere

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
I haven't seen them for sale at a normal store in a long time, but I always stock up when I go to the gun shows. They always sell them, but not the kitchen size.

ps27

Lurker
Oct 6, 2010
We still have strike anywhere matches here in Georgia, but I was never able to strike them any where. I noticed in Kroger yesterday that they now have the "green" strike anywhere matches. That the match wood is from a sustainable forest is the only "green" quality I see other than the new green logo and the green match head. M-i-c-k-e-y M-a-r-k-a-t-e-e-r.

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
Sorry guys, but I find it highly amusing that in a country where firearms are so easily available to any 10 year old that they should ban strike it anywhere matches for what I can only imagine is for safety reasons.
Is it me or just my English sense of humour???

my19

Lurker
Apr 29, 2011
I wonder whether it's market driven rather than a 'safety' issue. Can't find any kitchen matches at Walmart, Kroger, those kinds of places. But you can always find one of those wand-like lighters to fire up the barbecue or the fireplace or light the birthday candles. For the average (non-pipe smoking) family, those work just fine. And that's bad news for the rest of us.

my19

Lurker
Apr 29, 2011
A quick update. Stopped at an old-time hardware store this morning on the way to work and asked if they had kitchen matches. You bet. Picked up a 10-box pack of the small wooden strike-anywhere matches and a 250-match box of the bigger kitchen matches. Less than $3 for both. This was Turner Hardware in Farmers Branch for DFW pipers.

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
I live in S.E. Florida, and all I can find are strike on box matches also.....no more strike anywhere matches.

I thought that the store I was in just didn't have any at the time, but now that you are saying the same thing.

I guess they have now been outlawed in Florida.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
I know I can find the survival matches but I will definitely look for the strike anywhere matches. I hope Tennessee hasn't joined this nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.