Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
Great...really looking forward to my unopened tin of Great Outdoors now guys...at least it was free hahaha

I assume that it will be the strangest blend I've ever tried.

shortyeastcoast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2013
You guys are hilarious and this thread is awesome.
gtclark "I have a jar full of "mystery blend" in my den - it's full of left-overs."
Why didn't I think of that?! I'll start one of those jars today, I've got the perfect vessel for it.
auslander "it tasted like I was smoking an old sofa that was wrapped in the bandages used by King Tut."

dryseason "a bit like inhaling your great-aunt's ghost."

pitchfork "smells like shampoo."
:rofl:
So far for me the strangest I've had is that Happy Brown Bogie rope I'm still trying to figure out. For some reason I really want to like it but I'm still not comfortable smoking a mixture of 10W-30 motor oil, whale blubber and asphalt no matter how many times I try.

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
Samuel Gawith- 1792 Flake... I am not sure how to take this. I bought this Friday wanting to try something new. I just tried it during my lunch break for the first time. It has a smell and taste to it, I just can not place. The smell is so bad that I want to leave work right now to shave my beard so I can stop smelling this stache note.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
A new one to me as of yesterday, SG Christmas Mixture 2013. It's an odd one of virginias with an essence of a floral (not exactly Lakeland but something lightly similar) and cinnamon to it. The VA's are very tangy and hints of sweetness come and go through the bowl. Out of the pouch it was a tad on the dry side which is not like most of the SG stuff I've smoked. Have to smoke this one slowly to keep from heating up but the flavor was facinating.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Strangest was the personal blend my dad's buddy smoked and let me try when I was in college. Equal parts Three Nuns, Edgeworth and Amphora (which he always mis-pronounced "Amorpha").

gtclark

Oct 3, 2013
Equal parts Three Nuns, Edgeworth and Amphora (which he always mis-pronounced "Amorpha").
His mis-pronunciation was closer to the truth - an amorphous blend if there ever was one. :puffy:

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
For me it took me longer to decide if I like C&D Cross Eyed Cricket than any other pipe tobacco to date. It's like someone accidently dumped Hawaiian punch into a tin of Latakia. At the same time it's not an altogether bad smoke. I find myself reaching for the different flavours once in a while and have been bitten on occasion. The question is will I buy another tin? That is the paradox. Smoked ok, not un-enjoyed but will I spend money on another tin when there is so much other good tobacco that I don't have to think so hard on.

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
For me it's Semois, Shortcut to Mushrooms, then Firedance flake in order of weirdness. I didn't hate any of them but the tastes were very strange to me.

nachman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
SG Christmas Mixture 2007 gets my vote. It did smell seasonal but was the strangest assortment of flavours I have ever tasted. Unfortunately, tobacco was not one of those flavours.

Status
Not open for further replies.