PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Mine arrived too. Out of a 10 Lakeland scale I'd go 3. I might be sensitive to that flavor profile. Don't really like it now, but threw it in a jar and will try it again in a month or so.
Sablebrush: bought 2 tins of Rotary too , other than the motzek I just bought (I am an irrational buyer), rotary has been impossible to find. I taste a Lakeland essence in the rotary too, am I delirious or is there a Lakeland essence Rotary too??

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I love floral in Lakelands, and there's just the slightest hint of it in Stonehenge. Probably zero risk of any ghosting.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Mine showed up yesterday and I wasted no time in opening up a tin. It's a great smoke. The Lakeland essence is present, but not overpowering and it works very well with the cocoa and the other constituent tobaccos. Long live Stonehenge!

jimbo44

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2010
A good friend from US sent me a generous sample of new Stonehenge, so after comments on here and TR, I also got some similar aged GH Louisiana Flake for comparison.
Just tried smoking them side by side.
Similar indeed - but the Stonehenge is richer and fuller and makes the LF taste quite "thin". The Burley also makes Stonehenge noticably stronger (can't taste any Burley influence in LF so it's either missing or not as good as that in Stonehenge) and the Va. seem rounder in Stonehenge. The LF had more chocolate in the bag aroma, but didn't really pick it up much in smoking either of them, and any Lakeland was hardly discernable to me.
The more I smoke Stonehenge the more I like it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I smoked both Stonehenge productions today. I just finished smoking the Louisiana Flake. While it is similar to Stonehenge, there are enough differences that I would say they are not the same. It has a little more perique. It has less cocoa and more Lakeland with the Lakeland being slightly different in taste (more vanilla, more floralness) as well as hanging around longer in LF. Also, I don't detect burley in LF.
I'm going to smoke the two Stonehenge productions again tomorrow to check my thoughts on them. The differences mainly seem to be what happens when one is aged and one is fresh. I'm editing and adding to my Stonehenge review to reflect the differences in old versus fresh production. I've already done some rewriting on my original review.
Alan 73: there is no Lakeland in Rotary Navy Cut.

Oct 7, 2016
Lakeland, noun, a small City in central Florida just off Interstate 4 between Orlando and Tampa where there once was a stand alone Edwards that sold really good tobacco, like Good Companion, Bishops Burley, Colonial, Scottish Moor, etc.
Lake District, noun, a region of England where they add tonquin, floral essence and a secret ingredient to tobacco to make a product that will ghost your pipe almost as bad as Erinmore will.
Insert emoticon, my tablet emoji keyboard doesn't play well with this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.