PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
A thousand thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts. I returned home today, two days after my surgery, already feeling the impact. Pain is greatly reduced and I have a new appreciation for life's simple pleasures...like sleeping in my own bed in my own home. Life is very good, even during difficult times, if family and friends are close by.

forsooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
They say attitude is a great part of the healing process. Continued best wishes.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very glad to hear it went well for you...hope the recovery continues on such a positive track! Best wishes.

westcoastrich

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2011
Glad things went well, Just take it easy and you wil be fine, don't forget log-rolling in bed. I am doing leg stretching every morning before I get out of bed and it helps with the stiffness.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Wow! Back in the saddle so soon? That's great news. Please keep us posted;

sometimes it helps to vent about all the little PITA's that come with a major procedure. :clap:

westcoastrich

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2011
Log-rolling is a position where you keep your body straight, Knees, hips, sholders, all in line to move from one side of the bed to the other. You don't want to put twisting motion on the screws and rods, and the new material they put between the vertebra's. The other will be delayed for quite some time.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
Rehab's going great, Cortezattic. So much so that I plan on returning to my office Monday (with a slightly reduced schedule and wife driving). And, misterben, it ain't Florida but it sure is pretty. Those pictures will have to get me through the next few months. Just you and me, pal...on the lake with a couple of fishin' poles and briars...it don't get no bettern' that.

To the rest of you gentlemen, too numerous to mention in a single post, this community of brothers will continue to be a source of strength. Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.