PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
My dad has had 2 back surgeries. One where they took out the back portions of two vertebrae then one in which they fused the two discs and pinned them. I hope you recover quick!
-Jason

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
You did not write the word tumor so you are a lucky man. You are undergoing surgery because your compression pain has become intolerable. Remember your pain because you will recover pain free and it will all have been worth the trial. Our thoughts are with you.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
My prayers go out to you my friend. My dad went through the same surgery last year after a bobsledding accident. He is a doctor as well, if you would like I can get him to give you a call or email and give you some advice as a doctor and as a someone that has gone through the surgery. Just let me know.

fatman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
Once you get home, keep your head about you. the months afterwards, can cause some serious depression..depending on others for the simplest tasks can mess w/your head. As others have said, speedy recovery.

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
Like many others have said... best of luck and wishing for you a speedy recovery!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I have avoided back surgery for 30 years. Taken every step before that. Then the pain largely went away a couple months ago. Praise God! I will pray for healing for you.
Winton

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
Good luck and prayers to ya. I had surgery between L1 and S7. Recovery starts with small calm walks and builds up from there. I feel your pain, it brought me to my knees, literally, when my back went out. Like I said, after surgery it is a slow walk process but it does get better and a way better life without the sharp pains. Good luck to you and let us know how the recovery is going.

jayhp

Lurker
Feb 12, 2011
Good luck.

I hope it goes well.Ive heard many times that a single disc (2 vert.) is highly successful.

I have 4 verts without discs.I chose not to have fussion in 5 sets of vertabrae.

From the extensive research Ive done, your surgery has 1 of the highest positive outcomes.Youll be dancing sooner than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.