PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Very, very impressive crash!! I do love your still puffing while getting the trophy, outstanding!!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That's fantastic, I wondered who won this year. The group participating at that event is probably the cream of the mid-Atlantic crop, so to me, the win is even more impressive.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Wow! Congrats Crash, I'm afraid I'm so out of it I never knew there was even such a competition. This sounds like real skill in packing and slowwww smoking. Now I really feel ignorant about pipe smoking.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Don't feel ignorant. You are learning more and more. The big National Slow Smoke takes place at the pipe show in (or around) Chicago every year, and it is bigger outside of the US. It definitely is a catalyst in learning how to truly slow down when you smoke. I was fortunate enough to be thrown into a competition early in my pipe smoking career, so I learned some better methods sooner. With the caveat that by better, I mean better for me. Not everyone wants to smoke slowly, and that is fine.

transpose

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 15, 2018
Super impressive Bro! My cadence is so fast that I can’t even flame out when I try to slow down enough to flame out. One of these days I’ll be able to slow down.

Patrick_Green

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2019
Texas
Congratulations sir! Smoking slow is one thing I'm no good at. When I get to Puffin' I just cant stop. How would a slow smoke competition even work? What are the rules?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
cosmic, Kaywoodie makes only push stems these days, though a few of the old Drinkless screw-on stems may still be for sale new. I have one of each. The Drinkless is my only stinger pipe since the stinger is part of the screw-on stem. Despite being really retro, it smokes nicely and cleans up quickly, so I've kept it. I like the little push bit pipe, but it's hard to find a selection. They've become hard to find at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.