PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Way to go. The only problem is that we all now know your secret to success: smoke, win and smoke some more. You sir are a true champion.

I totally agree. Everyone should give a contest a try. Lots of fun!!!
They are fun and not meant to be stressful. I love them.

...well, at least until the first person goes out. I think most people are a nervous wreck until the first person goes out, then everyone breaths much easier, because absolutely no one wants to be the first schmuck out. After that, it's relaxing almost. :puffy:

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I think most people are a nervous wreck until the first person goes out
Alright, that is completely accurate. Until then it is stressful. However, this year I think it was two minutes. Last year was fifteen, and a pipe carver went first (Tim Thorpe). But, you get the bag of matches from all of the boxes of two matches if you go out first, so it is worth the stress. :wink:

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Rules, at this competition each participant, as part of the cost of entry, receives a Kaywoodie contest pipe, they are identical. The pipe brand can be varied by the contest but we all get a Holiday stamped identical Kaywoodie. A dowel for a tamper, three grams of the same tobacco, and two matches. Five minutes are given to prep the tobacco and load the pipe. 1 minute to use one or both matches. Timer starts. No drinks the first ten minutes, no one knows why. Tamping must be done with the pipe in the mouth. When your pipe is out, you are out. First one out gets the bag of matches from all the boxes. Then the prize tables is open for the last one out down through the roster in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.