PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeriqueMyInterest

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Julesholling, how do you like that Peterson 2011? I'm almost through a tin and am very sad, I miss it already! Lucky for me I was gifted a tin from the company before it was out on the market (for writing a poem) and its missing that awful sticker, such a nice tin shouldn't have such an annoying eyesore staring us in the face. Anyhow, I hope your enjoying it, or will enjoy it, as much as I am; I can't really find any reviews on it.

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Haven't tried the Peterson 2011 yet. Only got the tin through the post yesterday. Have all the other tins open at the moment so will finish some of them off before i crack it open.

Yea the stickers are horrible, but is a legal requirement in the UK. At least it is only a sticker on the 2011 tin so i can peel it off :)

ivan08

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2010
wow!!!! you guys stock a serious amount!! i only have some 3 jars with Boswell Blends, Captain Black and Mac Baren. Some ziplock bags on my closet too... I have some local blends of Puerto Rico; and some tins (Dunhills, Davidoff and Balkan)/ I will post some pictures on the weekend :) and post pictures of my collection of pipes. Only 3!! lol hahhaha, im very new to the hobby! I have a Peterson System, and 2 Boswells, (a freehand and a new unsmoked Rhodesian that i buy on april 2011!! ) :)

ivan08

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2010
lol!!! hahahha wow! awesome! like lawrence says!party at baskerville house!! hehehe careful with the drinks and the electric fence! hehehe the hounds can smoke some pipes too and maybe become friendly and dont atack us! hehe ;)

ivan08

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2010
im will grow my stash! i want a warehouse like the picture of StandardG and Baskerville!! Awesome Pictures guys!!!!

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
ivan you'll find that TAD bites pretty quick and hard in most cases. The only thing stopping e having a larger stash is the constant bain of a lack of money lol

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
wow! serious tobacco envy over in new zealand. i mean i would have to mortage the house to get anywher near you guys. though without "her" knowing i have ordered some online but i usually smoke what i grow looking forward to a new flavour..

PeriqueMyInterest

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
Alberta, Canada
julesholling, if you like sweet tobacco your in for a real treat as soon as you crack open that tin. I smelt mine for days before smoking it! And the stickers are mandatory here in Canada as well, but, I would rather have that sticker saying "smoking kills" than one with a picture of a black lung on it!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I wonder when the FDA will make McDonald's start putting a sticker on their Big Macs that says "Warning excessive use may lead to diabetes, clogged arteries, and heart failure". And when will they ever start advertising the truth about pipe smoking and put a sticker on tins that says "The stress relief due to pipe smoking will increase your life expectancy by 2-3 years."?

PeriqueMyInterest

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
Alberta, Canada
It seems like that would take a lot of paperwork lordofthepiperings, I highly doubt the FDA is motivated enough to do anything of the sort concerning food, although that is supposed to be a huge concern. And, if the benefits of pipe smoking caught on at a higher level, people would have to start thinking for themselves and trying to figure out solutions to real problems instead of just running their mouths about a non-issue. Not very likely.

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
I'm doing a little reorganizing to make room for more tobacco and figured I would take some updated pics. Currently sitting at 922 tins. I did not include pics of my bulk, because the way I see it....if you've seen one mason jar, you've seen them all.
922 tins of pipe tobacco joy.
DSCF1387.jpg

DSCF1388.jpg

DSCF1391.jpg

DSCF1389.jpg

DSCF1392.jpg

DSCF1393.jpg

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
Wow! I dont want to offend the christians on here but the Jesus H Christ came outr when i saw your stash atwageman.

you wanna adopt a 30something old male im willing to leave the wide and kids for that !!!!

joking bout the kids :lol:

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
I'm a 30 something too. I'm married too (going on 12 years) and the wife is cool about my hobby. Been into it before I was married. I'm a lucky guy and don't take her for granted, because I know many dudes that have to go through a tribunal and inquisition just to buy 2oz of tobacco once a month...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.