PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks for the pics guys, definitely keep them coming. I searched for other threads before I posted last night but missed the dedicated rack thread that Baron started a year ago. Thanks for linking it Philip! Love your Mr's Cortez inspired rack btw! :D

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I found this on E-bay and use this on the desk.

MThanded
[/url][/img]

MThanded
[/url][/img]

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
@cortezattic put me down for a few of those! I've never laughed so hard from something on here...

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Think I need to show wifey Top's collection, maybe she won't nag me so bad...

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
very nice samcoffeeman, i like your set up. nice racks guys, thank you all.
mike.

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
Well I have been wanting a rack for a while but didn't have much to spend at the moment so here is my first attempt at building one. Total cost was about $10 and everything except maybe the stain can be bought at hobby lobby or somewhere similar. Also the only tools I used were a drill with a spade bit, scissors and wood glue. Not really an impressive collection yet but I just got started in the hobby. I also included a picture of my shelf. Lots of great inspiration in this thread! Keep it coming!

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

oldshacker

Might Stick Around
Oct 26, 2012
OMG Great collections and racks guys. Each photo is so distinctive. Funny, at any given time I only have 4 pipes to my name. I average about a bowl a day in the cool season. I have given a lot of pipes away, but never had them long enough to collect or store them. There is time for change I see.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
Pardon the terrible photo, my phone has issues. This is my man corner. On the other side of the chair is my desk, and to the left of it all is my recliner. From the left on my pipe rack I have my Aldo Velani, Baronet Bruyere, Uhle's unknown, Grabow Grand Duke, Kaywoodie Saxon, one of my cobs, and an unknown Briar Pipe from eBay that is heavily oxidized with missing stain that is a cool shape that I'd like to fix up. Underneath are some mason jars of tobacco, and the plastic cabinet to the right has many more sample sized bags of lots of good stuff.
DlEXY.jpg

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
great stuff! But if my bad memory serves me right, Philip has much more than a shoe box.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
My grandfather's grandfather gave him this secretary when he was a kid and my grandfather left it to me when he died. It works great for pipe central. There are 3 drawers, i mean a cellar, in the bottom waiting to be filled.

cabinet.jpg

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Some updated photos of the House of Racks.
The Mother Ship

DSCN1897.jpg

Churchwardens

DSCN1899.jpg

The wall sitters

DSCN1900.jpg

The Brits

DSCN1902.jpg

The Newest Members of the Family

DSCN1903.jpg

The Irish and Italians

DSCN1904.jpg

Hawkbills and other pointy bottoms

DSCN1905.jpg

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Here's mine. Big cabinet. There are two sides but currently only one side contains pipe stuff. The goal to have the entire thing (both sides) eventually full of baccy only. I am getting a nice shelf system soon in my office and all my pipes will be out there. The pull out shelf where my pipes currently sit are going to be my rotation baccys.
The Cabinet

DSC02547.jpg

The Pull out shelf

DSC02549.jpg

DSC02550.jpg

The meers.

DSC02551.jpg

The sentimental pipes...First pipe, first restoration, bought on world travels.

DSC02552.jpg

Newest addition rack. The partition move to adjust for different sizes.

DSC02553.jpg

Two of my three sav autographs sitting in a leather couch. I wish they made bigger versions of these, like a 8 or 10 seat. I really like it. The autographs need to be restored. I haven't gotten to them yet.

DSC02554.jpg

And on my smoking chair side table. My favorite meer. My Panel S. Yanik in a Crab Man pipe rest. Next to my Brebbia pipe nails and my ejames tamper.

DSC02555.jpg

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Gecko13(Doug) and I are working something out to make me feel more at home when I am home. Great pics! Please keep them coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.