PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crusher47

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2014
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. I only have a small, humble cabinet with about 20-25 sealed tins so far.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
This thread is more than just pictures. These cellars are so darn gorgeous, they're art!
Plugugly

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
I would not call it a cellar yet but here is my start at one. I have a little over 2 pounds.

I keep what is open near my pipes.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
All this talk of overbearing government interference seems like unfounded paranoia to me. I hardly see what you guys could possibly be basing it on...wink wink, nudge nudge.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
maxpeters,
I can't think of any that would cause me to want to create a cellar
If you lived in my state you would be foolish not to create a cellar. Here in Florida we have an 85% wholesale tax on pipe tobacco. My local b/m sells a tin of Samuel Gawith Best Brown flake for 22.95 a tin. I can buy it for 9.00 a tin on line. Now when and I am sure when is coming, they stop allowing internet tobacco sales into Florida, I would be at the mercy of my local b/m who besides having to charge the 22.95, has a miniscule inventory because he cannot sell much pipe tobacco at those prices. So what should I do, trust the government won't ban internet tobacco sales? I believe it is Washington and Wisconsin who already do ban tobacco sales. I also created my cellar because of price increases, I paid a low of 9.38 a tin to a high of 10.51 for Mac Baren ODF in 2012, now the price is 20.81, so I save 50% buy loading up early and saved myself around 680.00. I don't know about you, but I would rather 680.00 be in my pocket than a retailers.
It is just a matter of time before our little internet party of buying tobacco will be a thing of the past in my opinion.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I hope you enjoy these, what a pain in the A_ _ posting these were.
The original cellar in 09/2014:

Now for the new pics, The Bottom.

The Middle:

The top:

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Now some more:
The Rubbermaid containers I keep the tins in:

The plastic jars I keep the larger tins including the paper ones and I put them in boxes, 8 to a box.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
There are 7 paper boxes to the left on the floor that has round tins in them and hold 16 tins each. This is a fine example of what someone does when they have TAD and not much sense.. Thank goodness I don't have PAD. My stash is on tobaccocellar under my handle for the inquiring mind.
I am trying to cellar as many different blends so I have a variety. I like variety.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
So I'm just about done with my cellar, which is good because it's starting to overflow the cabinet. I will continue purchasing some tobacco, but I'm leery of expecting Latakia blends to go 30 years or more.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Those are some great additions to this thread!! Thanks guys.
Any others? I agree that even smaller cellars would love to be seen by all.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Man figuring this out took some doin. Without further ado...
20150727_213528-600x337.jpg

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I am highly jealous of all of your stashes! mirain your tobacco bar is amazing! zitotczito thanks for persevering through the image-hosting torture - that's a mighty fine collection you have going! I want a semi-secret closet stash now.... fmgee thats a great little pipe & tobacco rack! I especially like the dedicated place for your czech tool -- I am constantly misplacing mine since it doesn't have a home. And shaintiques I hear that Wessex BCDF is bad for your health - I will gladly dispose of it for you (yes, that old joke). I'm quite jealous of daimyo's huge tins of ODF and Vintage Syrian - but they look pretty well guarded by that vicious beast.
My 'cellar' is more of a crate (in fact it is a crate) but it's a start! And, I'll have you know, it's 2 whole layers deep! I've started socking tobacco away for fear of growing regulation diminishing the access to all of the terrific blends I can get on line. Most of my small hoard is jarred because I enjoy the anticipation and excitement of popping newly-arrived tins too much and I'm still discovering and developing my preferences and palette. In face - I am one flake of Capstan Original away from finishing off my first ever tin!
I have, however, started to keep a couple of tins of Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake and have a tin of McCranie's Red Ribbon still sealed. I suppose those 3 constitute my ernest cellar with the jars forming more of a pantry :lol:
25VLiYO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.