PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I just got back from Maine, PA was $3.35, they had some no name $7.50/lb second one 50 percent off. An hour drive but there is that pesky border and customs to deal with. Anyways here's my little hoard
win_20150726_212916-600x337.jpg

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Yeah, I like aged tobacco too, but I would stock up for the possibility of government interfering with tobacco commerce, more than present day that is.
Some of you guys are pretty well stocked up! Awesome!
iamn8: You get 2 points for thinking a point scenario was actually in place. :nana:

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Ok as promised here is a pic of the cellar as well as my open jar hoard.

First the Cellar. Tobacco is stored in an antique secretary that is a family heirloom.

Now for open jars. These are organized into similar categories.

But first a shot of the group.

Virginias, Flakes, Plugs, and Ropes section

Englishes and Crossovers section

Aromatics section

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
For me it is both hoarding because of eventual price increases, but also aging. The reason for so many open jars has been my taste experimenting to find just what I like. Over the last year I have ordered every appealing looking Viirginia Flake. That being said most of what is open are things I really like and am also cellaring or aged tins that I have cracked.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah Lucky695. If you look close at the first pic you will see a tin of Dunhill Flake from your secret Santa box. Marked with your circle number system, though I haven't yet deciphered the meaning.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
Well it's the month and year of purchase. The S with a circle means it's sealed. Once it's opened I slash the circle.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
If you don't already have a cellar and enjoy pipe smoking, it's foolish not to have one. If you enjoy smoking a pipe, chances are you'll enjoy it for life. Tobacco just gets better with age properly stored. The Macbaren price increase should knock you in the ass if anything. The days of enjoying your vices are gone soon, with healthcare they tax sin taxes the worst, and all tobacco will be subject to this tax. Once there's a US tax in place the days of internet ordering will be over probably as well, or at least take a huge financial loss.

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
My most recent additions were tins of HH Vintage Syrian and HH Latakia Flake

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I decompile deep but not wide of the blends I know I like. I also have a stash of several bourbons that will last me long enough. Same with ammo not wide but deep. If you can split your stuff between another location so if there is a fire or robbery. Parents, brother/sister, etc. For those of you that backup your computers files if a copy isn't going off site..

Status
Not open for further replies.