She Says She Wants That "Good Smelling" Tobacco Help...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Out of all of my tobaccos, aromatic or not, the only compliment my wife has ever given me in regards to the Aroma was when I was smoking FVF.
St. Bruno gets me a lot of compliments from strangers and I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again, chicks dig the room note of Old Joe Krantz! It blew my mind but I’ve been enthusiastically complimented on it on several different occasions from several different women. My wife hates it because of that.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
There are as many answers to the OP as there are aromatic blends.

My own recommendation: Trout Stream

https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/scottys-bulk-blends-trout-stream-pipe-tobacco/1473163/#p-119708 (no affiliation)

If you need to add some oomph, add some Five Brothers or one of the G&H ropes

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I need some suggestions for tobaccos that smell like candy bars, fruits, candy etc...
Go out and buy a dozen of the worst flavors of "Yankee Candle." They have stuff like pumpkin spice, unmarked van candy, and hair salon. Light them all at once. Let the house really soak in that stuff, then flee for a few hours to your local B&M. When you get back, she will be much happier about regular tobacco smoke.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Room note???? Fergedddaboudddddit! Unless you're chumming the air for chicks, who cares what others smell? It's all about the taste— your taste.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
In my experience, there are some tobaccos with amazing room note.
I love Conniston Cut Plug ("Unscented") but can only smoke it from one cob because it ghosts a pipe like an ancient burial ground. However, it leaves the room smelling like geranium incense.
I had a tin of Nat Sherman 509 that was too sauced for me, but when at 1:3 in a mixture with other Burleys, it leaves the room pleasantly scented. Lane BLWB does the same thing, which means that you can have real tobacco with a bit of the sauce.
Generally, Prince Albert generates praise.
The mixture of Burley Flake #1 and Royal Yacht that I smoke leaves a slight scent of honey in the air. Then again, it must be smoked fairly slowly and gently to avoid the cigarette ash smell.
Mixture 79 has a similar perfume-incense hint to it, although it smells more like tobacco than the Conniston Cut Plug.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Holy N E C R O necro thread.
Mac Baren Navy Flake.

Smells so good.
I think so. Also, this stuff with 5 years on it is in my top 5 tobaccos of all time. Win/Win.
Tinderbox Tacoma makes this stuff called "Waffle House" I smoke it from time to time and it is awesome.
I was on the Gambler 500 earlier this month and got my brother to smoke after 10 years off cigs by giving him this and a new cob. There would be times I wasn't smoking and we'd be parked and I'd walk around my truck and and he'd be over by his smoking it. I'd smell the smoke and I would think, "holy shit, that is delicious!" and immediately light a fresh bowl myself. I smoked more that weekend than I may have ever smoked in my life. At least 20 bowls of the stuff. Never bit, didn't wear out my mouth, and I never got nic'd out.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Billy Budd.
I kid.
Aylesbury 40th Anniversary

Aylesbury Dragon Flake

Trout Stream

Sutliff Black Raspberry

Rattray's Exotic Orange (Passion)

Sutliff Christmas Spice

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
And we cannot forget the banana tobacco, which is probably better than the (hypothetical) onion blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.