SG-Bothy Flake-Anyone Try This?

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dulgunz

Feb 11, 2015
Shit, I just placed an order with SPC this morning, I wish I knew, I would of threw in a couple tins to try.

zitotczito

Preferred Member
Aug 12, 2014
I went for 10 and a couple tins of Lane Medal of Valor. The only other site I saw this on after a quick search was an overseas site and cost of 16.00. So 5 tins at 80.00 or 10 at 85.00 and no shipping, what's a guy to do?

dmcmtk

Preferred Member
Aug 23, 2013
I've been waiting some time for this! A little more on the KPC,
http://kearvaigpipeclub.co.uk/
You need to take a look at one of the Magazine's to get the full picture......

mortonbriar

Preferred Member
Oct 25, 2013
I have not tried it, but after reading the description, it just went to the top of my 'really want to try' list!
isaac

kimbiker

Apr 3, 2014
Decent 'English' smoke, you can check out the website and it mentions the pipe club guys who thought of it after staying in a Bothy in Scotland.

sallow

Preferred Member
Jun 30, 2013
For those that have tried this, what do you think? Is there very much Latakia or orientals in it?
It has been sold out at smokingpipes for a month, at least when I've been ordering.

fishingandpipes

Preferred Member
Aug 24, 2013
No direct experience yet, but from those I've heard from, the latakia is very condimental. I don't smoke latakia, but I might give this one a try - as a condiment I could see it working well, anything else and it's all I can taste.

jkrug

Preferred Member
Jan 23, 2015
Orley did a review on this blend a while back. I found the thread and bumped it back to the top so you fellows can give it a read. I haven't figured out how to link to an old thread. Hope this helps. :puffy: