PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I get this -- being by nature a seasonal kind of guy -- even if my patterns are a bit adjusted from this.

We get way too many days of overcast, where I am, but on those rare days that feel like summer is supposed to feel, sure, I want a line in the water and a cob in my teeth. It just fits.

I like Virginia year round, and I additionally like latakia when I'm around a campfire, which for me means spring and fall.
I don't have many fires in the middle of the summer or the middle of the winter -- if I did, I'd smoke latakia then, too.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I spent more time reading the OP than I have ever have considering the seasonality of my pipe or tobacco choices. But that’s just me, and there was no snarkiness in that first statement. If switching up feels right to you, enjoy the progression of the seasons!

Reactions: Browny

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No, that's what I think other people might do. It sounds sort of logical, lighter leaf and more informal pipes in the warmer months outdoors and in the heat. That's what I might propose to do, and then I'd likely smoke whatever I pleased in whatever pipe I pleased. I make lists of things to do and then check off about half of them.

I've figured out that I've become who I am and not who I'd be.

A member of my wife's family said she makes lists and doesn't get everything done, so she adds a few things that she's already done anyway. Sounds appropriate.