PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
One more pipe smoker sighting in the wild. Some guy in a truck smoking a billiard. I guess they're out there just not out and proud about it. I see just enough pipe smokers to think it's more common then it seems but for some reason they don't let other people really see them. I see cigar smokers semi regularly out and about. But it seems like pipe smoking in general is a much more solitary thing. And yes I am going to mention almost every single sighting until it becomes common.

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
I haven't seen one in years... Not that I can recall... But I'll join this thread and post something whenever I do see someone! I'm definitely more attuned to notice now than before!
I live in a popular retirement area, the ideal demographic for pipe smokers, yet I still haven't seen one in almost nine years of living here. Plenty of older people, just none smoking pipes, at least not in public.

Reactions: Zero and fMf Piper

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I live in a 55+ subdivision. I haven't seen a single one smoking a pipe. I see cyclists. i see joggers. I see walkers with or without cane or walker. I've even seen a lone cig smoker. But no pipes. They know I smoke pipe since I'm out there almost every day now. Some waves and looks happy to see someone smoking pipe. But no one came by for my autograph! I do look like I might bite, but haven't foam in the mouth in awhile.

F

fMf Piper

I saw a guy in the pickup behind me smoking a pipe on Friday. He was probably a little older than me, but if we weren't stopped a red light, I am not sure I would have noticed him.

In the last year, I think I have seen three total, including this last one, and all in their cars driving somewhere. Now cigarette smokers, I'd lose count in the first five minutes.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Three. But two are “give me’s”. The guy that collects balls at the golf range crop dusts from his tractor with Captain Black White. An older gentleman walks and smokes. I haven’t seen him in several months. — And I recently saw a guy in his car clenching a pipe on the New Jersey Turnpike.

PSA- Everyone in Jersey knows that, “How You Doin?” is just a greeting. — No one gives a shit —“How You’re Doin.”