PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
All of their filtered pipes come with an adapter (if you buy new) to smoke without the filter. You can also buy the adapter separately, it is the 6mm adapter.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
At present I prefer my new Doc Grabow to my two estates pipes - a fairly new Stanwell and a 1960s Ben Wade. The Grabow smokes drier for me. I suspect that as my smoking technique improves, non-filtered pipes will appeal more to me. But I like the idea of being able to either use, or not use, a filter - and so I'm sticking with Savinelli right now for my new pipes. Two are on order and should arrive by week's end or so.
I'll now have five pipes when the two Savs arrive. Enough to keep me going for a while. I think my next purchase will be a Peterson, once my technique is better and I do not need the filter as much as I currently do.

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
I have a 50+ year old 1/4 bent apple with a brass band. Looks lovely but smokes even better. Most of the Savs that I have smoke well and are well manufactured. IMHO you can rest assured that the pipe is likely to be reliable.

andya27

Jun 15, 2014
I'm going to take the Ben Wade for a spin tomorrow. I've smoked it only once. It's my avatar photo, though not a great shot. It's easy to tell just how good the quality is compared even with my modern Stanwell. I just need to learn to smoke slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.